Off-Road Camper Trailer - TVAN Murranji

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
A Tvan is pretty well a take anywhere, light, and fully off-road camper trailer. This one is a TOP of the line model. It has a fibreglass shell while travelling and expands with a drop-down/push out tent section. Suspension is excellent with a propriety military grade system and size is made for those more heavy duty 4wd tracks out in the middle of nowhere.

While made for 4wd adventuring and has been our faithful camper for prospecting it is pretty comfortable in any situation. It takes me 10 minutes by myself for a basic set-up using the tent and less time to set up with a 2nd person. If you do not want to set up the tent, say when you are travelling, then just climb into the queen-sized bed and pull the outer door down. Comes with an annex and 2 end walls for longer stays.

2 x 70l water tanks, 2 x 100a deep cycle batteries and 2 x 4kg gas bottles. Can also carry 4 jerries in current set up. GVM only 1330kg.

Price $41,500 (neg).

Selling as we are moving to a bigger unit.

Our Tvan has been used as intended but we've not done any water crossings of any note. I've included some handy spares.

For a full description of what you get see this link to Caravan and Camping Sales.

https://www.caravancampingsales.com...)|SiloType=[For Auction])))&pso=0&pss=Premium

1519105392_p1040039_480.jpg

1519105043_20171021_193309_640.jpg

1519105066_20171021_193337_640.jpg

These are a great jigger ................... love the being able to open the back and crawl in and sleep.................. great for long hauls where a quick sleep on route is required. Just can't work out how to get a quad on top :eek: If it wasn't for that would be on it like a dog on a bone. Good luck with sale :Y:

I went to the caravan and camper show at Kembla Grange last weekend and saw one of these there.

When I first saw Detectist's first post I thought that the price had to be a typo, when I saw the one at the show I thought the ticket price was enough to choke a horse.

In my opinion, the truly off-road camper-trailers are pricey and over time the new ones are getting very expensive as more bells and whistles are added. Capability is excellent though for most of them from what I've seen and heard. When I hired a Tvan before buying I took it to the back blocks of Hill End and went as fast and hard as I was comfortable with in the 80 series. The van was fantastic. Except for the very steep high country in the Alps the van goes where the car can take it (with a more powerful and automatic car than the 80 I'd be tempted to take it there too). You pay for that.

Funnily enough, while my motto used to be go as light as you can in a trailer for serious off-road the new camper trailers are getting heavier and heavier with features like the newer Tvan's front box (for fridge and genny). I suspect a lot of people new to "off-road" really are more interested in a quick set-up and comfortable and still relatively light (to a caravan) and manoeuvrable trailer but don't really go where I've taken mine.

And, can I add, my price is very competitive with similar models. And a great bargain I might add :)

New Kimberly camper is now over 70K for top of the range :rolleyes: The T Van has always appealed to me for the feature of being able to basically pull up and be in bed within minutes. But cannot load up with all that I take with me sadly. Have found one really needs to look at what features they need / require in a camper and then buy accordingly, but you probably won't find any one that covers it all.
T Vans are not cheap but then you also have the advantage of good resale value and you can't compare them in price to the cheap chinese jobbies IMHO as two completely different beasts :Y: :Y:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts