Faceted Emeralds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1519526960_faceted_emerald-1.jpg

I had no idea my Panjshir Emeralds will be this much adorable and lovely once cut and faceted... I would love to set them on and make amazing jewelleries..

There's nothing that has quite the colour of an emerald - that almost fluorescent tone is fascinating!

ART Gems said:
Thanks Malri_au
They are not dark green because they are 100% natural, not treated not oil filled.
There are plenty of natural dark green emeralds (I have some) eg from Sandawana and NE Transvaal. Problem that many are too dark.

goldierocks said:
ART Gems said:
Thanks Malri_au
They are not dark green because they are 100% natural, not treated not oil filled.
There are plenty of natural dark green emeralds (I have some) eg from Sandawana and NE Transvaal. Problem that many are too dark.

Are they the same level of saturation all the way through? According to Vargus (an old book now) emeralds can often be a fine green on the outer portions of the crystal while the interior may be much paler or even alm ost colourless.

However, it may be that thye were referring to South American emeralds, perhaps African ones are different.

Latest posts