Victorian Clubs

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sub branches of the PMAV do a few things. I recently joined the Ballarat branch, they have a monthly meeting to discus whats going on with prospecting & other related issues etc, & also have monthly outings where they meet up somewhere, have a BBQ & sometimes have people do a talk on certain subjects & then head out to a selected area for a prospect. There's also a Bendigo branch & I think there is one over in the east as well somewhere.
The PMAV is well worth joining.

Hi Wooly,
I go out with both the Ballarat PMAV group and the Sunbury Club, both are full of great, helpful people, there are also 2 clubs out the other side of town, think there's a link on this site with a list.
Just between you and me (don't let anyone else know) the Ballarat PMAV have a SDC unit that they "loan/rent" out to members (cheap).
Also as a recent major "bonus" (although I doubt it would apply to very new members), E E Day (Mark) has made a GPZ available for members to try out for a day or so ...... they still don't hire them out.
Strongly suggest you join something/somewhere .... it's not everyones cup of tea but have met some great people through both groups (although obviously not as great as PA members).
Cheers T

just wondering if there any members here from around Melbourne.

It seams incredibly difficult in getting any responses from the groups i have found online.

It maybe that contact info has changed..

would appreciate any assistance

regards con

Hi Con, you'll have to be more specific about what sort of club. I know that Atomrat will help you out with gems, and I know there's local prospecting groups (inc: alluvial and detecting [gold, coins and relics]). At PA, we also have many member field meet-ups. Just follow the threads and join some. They'll set you on the right path and you'll make friends to remember.

BigWave said:
Hi Con, you'll have to be more specific about what sort of club. I know that Atomrat will help you out with gems, and I know there's local prospecting groups (inc: alluvial and detecting [gold, coins and relics]). At PA, we also have many member field meet-ups. Just follow the threads and join some. They'll set you on the right path and you'll make friends to remember.

thank you Bigwave

detecting groups I think

will follow this board closely

regards con :) :)

Hi Con, there's the annual Laanecoorie Gold Bash starting next Friday (all proceeds to the Peter McCallum Cancer Institute), at which there'll likely be over 250 (biggest ever & lost of family fun) from around Australia.
Then PA is organising a VIC Golden Triangle Camp at Dunolly starting Friday 28th October and extending over the Melbourne Cup (1st November) at which there maybe over 25 attendee members (including their families). Another great chance to meet fellow prospectors.
There's always smaller gatherings, so just ask who's going out on any weekend, and I'm sure you'll get plenty of responses. I'd be glad to.
In the short time that I have been a member, I have learned much, made some great friends and met many interesting characters - characters being the operative word!
I was a shy dude when joining, and now love it. Get into it mate!

HI these are all prospecting clubs VIC SEEKERS,SUNBURY,MOORABBIN,IVANHOE and VIC METAL DET & PROSPECTING a few to choose from :)
if you google prospecting clubs Victoria they are all there

wooly said:
Victorian Fossickers Club in Lilydale/
How is that club going? I met them, but never joined being difficult timed meetings for me. Tell jock and hamish I said gday

con hatzi - depending where you are, there should be a club somewhere close to you. Sometimes a lapidary club is mixed with prospecting as well, but make sure you choose a well active group as some don't have many outings. Keep your eyes open for the member meet ups on here

Howdy

If you are into Gold Prospecting , there is a club based in the south east

For starters

The Victorian Seekers Club
VSC has general meetings on the first Wednesday of each month (except January):
Gold prospecting and metal detecting
Time:
Please arrive by 7.45pm for a 8.00pm start
Venue:
Mulgrave Community Centre
355 Wellington Road
MULGRAVE VIC
Melways ref: 80 D1 (entry) / 71 C12 (carpark and building)

Prospecting And Miners Association
Meets
Miners Den, 2/517 Whitehorse Rd Behind Subway, Mitcham, Victoria on the Second Tuesday of each month at 7pm
Email: [email protected]
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PMAV-Melbourne-570910043070009/

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi FindSumStuff, any (gold prospecting / metal detecting) clubs to recommend around Airport West area?

Latest posts