NAPFA General News, Member Information & Updates

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi boobook
Your post has been bought to my attention. :)
We have our information about submissions on our Web Page.
http://www.napfa.net/
There is information on our past and present activities and I assure you,
We have not been sitting idle.
There was an email sent out a week or so ago as well.
If you are a NAPFA member both past and present,
Did you receive the email. ?
If not, Please kindly PM me your email address and I will check it for you.
I have been very busy in the background trialing some new software to send
our Newsletters out and I now have a record of any bounce backs from redundant
address's. The last Newsletter was sent from me using the new software.
Any questions please do not hesitate to contact either me via PM or a committee
member listed on the Web Site.
Regards,
Doug Spindler
NAPFA Communications Officer.

Just for every one's information,
The email that was sent out was a reminder for those who
have not renewed from last year. :)

Hi Tathradj.

I wonder did you see an interesting article in the SMH 5/2/18 by Melinda Pavey, member for Oxley, titled "drawing lines on maps will not help koalas"

The article posed the question in general ... are our national parks meeting the requirements of the community?
I responded to the article by way of email to Melinda Pavey, and whilst brief the response was positive.

If you wish, I could scan and email to you the article and my response which you are free to publicise if thought appropriate.
My email address is... xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am a member of NAPFA (1096), and no, I did not receive a recent newsletter email.

I understand there would be much activity taking place behind the scenes, but without updates or other regular communication members can lose essential enthusiasm.

Will NAPFA have a presence at the forthcoming Minerama in Glen Innes?

Mike..(boobook)

Hi Boobook,
Yes, I would like a link please.
PM if you don't mind.
I have been trialing some new software that is about to go fully active and I will be
broadcasting a notification shortly.
Could you also PM me your email address that you use for NAPFA as well.
I can check for any bounce backs.
Many Thanks for letting me know.
And yes, I am highly aware of what is going on with National Parks. :D

Oh, If you are a financial member,
You would not have received the email.
It was a reminder to those who have not renewed. :Y: :Y:

Hi Tathradj.
Perhaps if you care to re read my post you will better understand what I am trying to say to you.
There is no link, either to the SMH article or my email box and I have (covertly) provided my email address that in return I can send the information to you.
Either you want the information or otherwise, no problems.
MIke

Check your emails. :Y: :Y:

Thank You.
I will pass this on to the committee. :Y: :Y:

Tathradj.

I would now ask you, for the information of all NAPFA members, to place on this forum, the SMH article from the MP representing Oxley, my email response to her article and reply from her office.
This afternoon I was discussing this matter with friends who had a very direct and historical interest in their cancelled grazing rights of the now national parks northern NSW ranges. Please remember, all State Forest and NP's are in fact unoccupied public lands

Unless the bastardry of successive NSW govt. directives is overcome, all public lands will be hived off to private enterprise.
Here on the ranges of the Great Divide we are sitting on, without access, one of the best fossicking destinations in Australia.
Where is NAPFA on all of this? I did not join for it to be a secret society without accountability.

As I asked, is NAPFA being represented at the forthcoming Minerama at Glen Innes?
mike

Here's the article:
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...aps-will-not-help-koalas-20180202-h0sjun.html

Here's the Greens article on the same subject:
https://www.smh.com.au/opinion/koal...ed-before-it-is-too-late-20180130-h0qi8f.html

I think the National Parks debate as a whole is a bigger piece of the elephant than NAPFA can chew by itself but they definitely have made some headway with NPWS on our front. The National Parks fossicking policy does say that in any future land acquisition, including State Forest, that NAPFA will be notified for comment on the management plan. It's a start!
IMO any land National Parks acquire should be on condition that NO currently allowable recreational activities are lost on that land so in the case of a State Forest then fossicking in nearly all cases would carry over to the NP. This should be fought for inclusion into legislation & made retrospective to all former State Forest areas which none of appear to have been given the proper consideration (or any) to fossicking as an activity that was allowed before handover (or other various recreational activities either).
It should be a condition on NPWS to honour OUR current rights on OUR public lands not a condition that we comply to their unfair & in many cases unnecessary rules.

BooBook,
We are not a secret society. :D
We can delegate some members to this cause and may I ask if you would be interested. ?
I am going to make this a point on our next meeting that is going to happen shortly.
It is noted and will be discussed.
Thanks Mbasko, I appreciate that no end.
We had a Saw Mill of Allen in Bega a while ago run by a bloke called Wolfey.
I actually met up with him a few years ago down in Victoria and he remembered my family well.
I as a Moderator and a Committee Member as NAPFA are going to allow the political side of things run as
this is the pain we are all feeling.
Thank You for your input.
It is very Valuable and respected.
And here is your reply taking into consideration Privacy.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/doc/member-docs/2436/1520148476_mh_reply.pdf

Sure,
I have the role of the Email Broadcast's.
And I am a point of contact via this site as well.
This involves creating the Newsletter emails,
Monitoring the bounce backs, Feedback and unsubscribes as well.
Be on the look out for an email coming very shortly.

And Thank You for asking.

Well, It's probably known by all now that the Ajm will be held at Stuart Town on Sat. 27th OCT...I will be attending the meeting but not staying over, as the wife and I have a pre-engagement at the Western Plains Zoo. That said, I am very much looking forward to catching up with all and sundry if only for a handshake and a quick chat. :/ I sense however that this could well be a seminal moment in the annals of Napfa as we move into the future, uncertain as many of us are, as to the direction that our campaign may, or may not take. I sincerely wish...hope...That the way forward will be a positive experience for all concerned...whatever that may involve. We are as a Collective, too far down the track to back out now and not enough satisfied to rest on our Laurels!... I know there has been a measure of dissent from some quarters...that's understandable, but I do hope we can thrash out any differences that we may have as to the future direction of our organisation, given that the committee has worked so tirelessly on our behalf I for one, will be pleased to see the backbone of our movement remain in the good hands of the present Executive.
Look forward to seeing you all...'at the diggins'...Rossco...reefer.

It's easy to see why the greens and doogooders and ones in government positions of power have nothing to worry about when they see that no one even comments about what NAPFA is doing and seems that they have zero support from members and no likely want to be members. Seem they have already won. 8.(

These people have ones in their organizations that browse and read all these forums and facebook and realize that all is good in their world and from there point of view there is no opposition it would seem.

No good winging about it later on best be doing something now, or is it already to late to bother. :awful:

cheers dave

Not that they have zero support, just not much notice to take a trip so far from home.. its a 7 hour drive for us and only the weekend to get there and get back so really not feasible. If we had of had more notice we could have organised something and would have been there for sure.

Yep

I know you only need to give a couple of weeks notice - that is fine for some, not others.

Why cant the agm date and location be setup 3 or 4 months in advance so everyone knows early and can do some planning.
For some of us who live 5 6 or 7 hours from any gold this is one of the few weekends we can plan to take an extra week off work and make it worthwhile and that needs a bit more time than 3 weeks to setup for some.

And it is funny how you can point the finger at members interest and comments.
You obviously missed this thread https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=27693

Actually your comments possibly turn some members off rejoining - at least they do for me.

Yep well "Stone TheCrows", pardon me from trying to drum up a bit of support, but I have to say it's a strange place to find the AGM announcement on here, in the Member Meet ups section, and you need to be logged as well to even see that section, I would have thought front and center would be a good place, in the General Chat section for everyone to see, well that's why I put it there anyway.

cheers dave