1974 Coronet van

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RM Outback said:
Wishfull said:
Back into it today. Pulled all cupboard doors, hinges and catches off. Removed all padded cushions and the mattress and bed frame. Started undercoating.
Mrs. Wishfull recons the interior needs a Full repaint ceiling walls, the lot....Not done yet :rolleyes: Oh and I fixed the light that had burnt out.
From little jobs big jobs grow !

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7460/1519975697_2018-03-02_17.47.01.jpg

Good to see your keeping hydrated the van looks like it's found a loving owner :Y:.

A mans not a camel mate.

Well it's getting there. Lack of funds isn't helping but you improvise don't you?

In 1970 I bought a new 24 ft caravan when I was 19 and lived in it for quite a few years instead of paying rent. I had mirror tiles stuck to the walls to create a sense of roominess. I repainted the walls as well as the ceiling.
When it came to selling it I was asked "why" did you paint the ceiling? Uh! because it was dirty with cigarette stain etc-just dirty.
I had owned it for 12 yrs and nearly got my money back because the panels were all in great condition as well as the tyres.

Well it's like this. After loosing my job I was in no $ zone for about 12 months while Mrs was working her self to death 7 days a week. I now have work and now we can pay some bills that mounted up. Throwing daughter in law out who rented Mrs W's house and whi left us with a $600 electricity bill among other things. I haven't had a days break apart from Bathurst tv day for 8 week's but you know I'm happy I'm working again. Anyways I have put one coat of paint on most of the woodwork inside.
Now got to do head gasket on the EL Falcon sometime soon. Life is just speeding up I recon.
Here's a pic of the latest.
1540803910_2018-10-29_19.30.03.jpg

Wishful did you paint the cupboards with a water and PVA mix before you painted them ?.

I use to fit kitchens over here and some times make custom doors and Draw fronts using MDF and I had to mix up a 15 - 20 PVA / 80 - 95% water blend/mix and paint the panels with it first and let it dry so the paint Sticks,

Hope that helps. :Y:

Wishfull said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7460/1518503684_2018-02-13_15.05.16.jpg

New fridge almost in. Put some floating floor tiles on for splash back and side of sink.
Then this happened.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7460/1518503854_2018-02-13_17.01.26.jpg

Almost finished cutting the last piece of timber for caravan fridge surround, using circular saw. 3 stitches I think. Bloody local anesthetic hurt more than the injury.
I was getting tired, should have stopped 1/2 hr before I was using my left hand and went to support the bit being cut with my right hand and felt a burning sensation . I was very lucky.

Very lucky indeed. I cut the web between my thumb and finger on my right hand. Very fortunate that I missed the tendons. All the best with the recovery

Wishfull said:
Occasional_panner said:
Wishfull said:
Now got to do head gasket on the EL Falcon sometime soon.

Bugger, are you doing that yourself?

Looks like you're having a bad run mate.
Head gasket is easy enough. Just the time I'm poor on atm.

On the EL if you are standing at the front looking into the engine bay the rear left hand side head bolt often snaps causing the head to go. That may be the cause. It also maybe general use

Well I guess if that head bolt has snapped I still got a head to remove. Just a bit disgruntled that the gasket kit didn't have valvd guide seals. Next ut will be a sheet of gasket material you have to cut to fit !
I did however get head bolts. Not happening this wk end though I'm working again. The thing has done over 350 k so I'm not surprised its blown a gasket.

Latest posts