Hello from Tasmania

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G'day TGR welcome to PA I'll check out a YouTube clip or 2 :Y:. All the best when you get out there enjoy your surroundings wether finding gold or not your living it.

Welcome to the forum. Your videos are terrific. I watched them all a while back but havent caught up since January.

As long as people aren't making money from their youtube videos or through funding sites like Patreon, then I don't think anyone has a problem how many videos are post at all. (And keeping their site organised too must be a big job)

Like you said, it is all for sharing an connecting with people. :D

I think the moderators were just worried because some people might try to use this site to promote their own self interests and make money. Which understandably is not on.

Hi David. I, too, watch your videos. Funny as and interesting and entertaining. Im Taswegian by birth and now live in hot and humid Qld. Youre making me homesick. Ill have to move back now. Keep up the good work, mate.

Bluecurrant said:
Gday david. Your vids are a classic. What was the winning weight for your gold comp. Also did your mates toes grow back. Lol
Hi Bluecurrant. The weight of the gold was 2.17 grams. The winners youtube name was John Wolf and his actual name was John Shaw from the USA he guessed 2.16 grams. Cost me a small fortune to post it but it was all worth it. I do not know if Nate 4x4s toes fell off or not ha ha. Kind regards David

Fnx50 said:
Hi David. I, too, watch your videos. Funny as and interesting and entertaining. Im Taswegian by birth and now live in hot and humid Qld. Youre making me homesick. Ill have to move back now. Keep up the good work, mate.
Hi Fnx50, I am glad you like the videos. I am from WA originally and I came over here 12 years ago. I absolutely love everything about Tassie including it's cool weather. I have been to all the other states and am very happy and proud to call Tasmania home. I live in Tewkesbury Tasmania and everybody said there is no gold here. After many many walks up and down rivers and streams I found some. I go out and do not even care if I do not find much as the scenery is enough for me. Kind regards David

Welcome David great to see another Tasmanian prospector join the forum. Every one is great to talk to very friendly and very knowledgeable. Have been watching your video's since you started and must say there very entertaining. I meet stu JD the week before he came up and recorded your video with you "another top bloke" we spent a few hours panning together having a chat and got some nice flour gold from the south. Keep up the good work mate I'm still learning my self and this forum has helped me a lot since iv started. Hopefully I'll get the chance to meet you in person one day on my travels cheers Nexen

Hi guys I am from Queensland but ill be looking after my family house while there overseas in july ill be in south arm Hobart and ill.be heading out gold detecting Tassie anyone keen to join me on my 3 weeks of gold detecting Tassie

Latest posts