Take care and good luck with your expeditions

If you can't convince them, confuse them

dam it
27 February 2018 02:39 pm

7.62marksman wrote:

hey dam it popcorn yet or wait a bit longer tongue tongue tongue tongue

lol In the past it would have been already POPPING lol
I will just be sitting on the bench for a while yikes what yikes I know lol lol

We have Lumps of it out the back ................

7.62marksman
27 February 2018 02:47 pm

Chloe0305 wrote:

Well im sorry but everyone has suggestions . I have already made my mind up and have a passion for the mine exploration and gold prospecting. So i respect thatt u disagree but thats your porogertive not mine . Iam asking these questions on this forum for advice ( only if they want to give it and other then that . I dont give 2 shits nor am i interested in people wanting to lecture or police
Iam hear to get advice from knowledgable people and old school hobbiests and ex miners . I want advice so i have a good chance of doing everything right for my own saftey
Thankyou to all the helpful forum members and sorry for my rant

if you intend going down mine shafts or into mines then my suggestion would be to get one of these or something that does the same job (an air quality tester)
or keep your will up to date
also this is a good read
https://www.9news.com.au/world/2018/02/ … ll-mystery

1519703193_101_73281.jpg

Highbanker, Sluice, Trommel, Gold Monster 1000 (Khaleesi), Garrett Ace 400i (Rhaegal), Go-Find 40 (Nymeria), Non Turbo 2.8lt Hilux (Turtle), NAPFA member ----A disposal technician at a dead run outranks everybody

1 user likes this post: malri_au

limpalot
27 February 2018 05:53 pm

Wouldn't like to be down there with one of my Bundy farts. Choke a Drop Bear.

Home made sluices x 2 & highbanker, ATX, Garret Supa Sluice, Quanta pan, 2008 - minelab 4500

3 users like this post: 7.62marksman, malri_au, TheMediocritist

magneticsand
27 February 2018 07:59 pm

I personally wouldn't do it, but would love to read about it and see your photos.
Try not to die.

1 user likes this post: malri_au

Whisp
27 February 2018 09:48 pm

7.62marksman wrote:
Chloe0305 wrote:

Well im sorry but everyone has suggestions . I have already made my mind up and have a passion for the mine exploration and gold prospecting. So i respect thatt u disagree but thats your porogertive not mine . Iam asking these questions on this forum for advice ( only if they want to give it and other then that . I dont give 2 shits nor am i interested in people wanting to lecture or police
Iam hear to get advice from knowledgable people and old school hobbiests and ex miners . I want advice so i have a good chance of doing everything right for my own saftey
Thankyou to all the helpful forum members and sorry for my rant

if you intend going down mine shafts or into mines then my suggestion would be to get one of these or something that does the same job (an air quality tester)
or keep your will up to date
also this is a good read
https://www.9news.com.au/world/2018/02/ … ll-mystery

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … _73281.jpg

Mmmm ...Dräger .... I like it, I like it a lot .... nice gear

NB: This post is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and are in no way to be considered flaws or defects.

7.62marksman
27 February 2018 09:55 pm

Yes a good bit of kit and works well

Highbanker, Sluice, Trommel, Gold Monster 1000 (Khaleesi), Garrett Ace 400i (Rhaegal), Go-Find 40 (Nymeria), Non Turbo 2.8lt Hilux (Turtle), NAPFA member ----A disposal technician at a dead run outranks everybody

BoydWilliam
28 February 2018 10:47 am

Chloe0305 - just post here your location before you go so we know where to recover your body from!

1 user likes this post: dam it

pete165
01 March 2018 02:21 am

Hi Chloe0305.

Please be careful when entering old mining areas. they can be extremely dangerous places. Always let someone know where you are going ,what time you will be back and where you will be staying. That way the authorities can look for you if something god forbids happens to you. There is some useful info from 7.62 and others as well please read it. It is our way of keeping you safe, not wanting to see your expeditions fail. Anyhow I have said my 5 cents worth, hope it helps.

Maldon Gold Centre
01 March 2018 02:19 pm

Chloe0305 wrote:

Hi guys heading off to beechworth stanley and yack for the weekend . And it will be great ?
Just wondering if anyone can share any info on what type of shafts i may be entering . I have all the gear and experience but only starting the prospecting/ mining side of it..
Also is it true that my victorian prospecting license covers 5 acres of claim rights

Once upon a time a miners right allowed you to peg out a small claim and then go and secure the claim at the Department of Mines or Department of Minerals and Energy.

In the early 1990s a lot changed and holders of a miners right can no longer peg out small claims.

Obtaining a mining lease in Victoria requires all sorts of pre-requisites (environmental, work safety and others) and a bond is lodged as well as the relevant application fees, geological reports and so forth.

The days of the small claim, as they used to be in the past, are pretty much over.

Maldon Gold Centre - Authorised Sales of Garrett, Nokta, Makro, Fisher, Bounty Hunter, Teknetics & White's.
Maldon Gold Centre - Open 7 Days - 54 Main Street Maldon - Ph: 1300 575 707

3 users like this post: dam it, TheMediocritist, Hunting the yellow

Hunting the yellow
05 May 2018 11:21 pm

Maldon Gold Centre wrote:
Chloe0305 wrote:

Hi guys heading off to beechworth stanley and yack for the weekend . And it will be great ?
Just wondering if anyone can share any info on what type of shafts i may be entering . I have all the gear and experience but only starting the prospecting/ mining side of it..
Also is it true that my victorian prospecting license covers 5 acres of claim rights

Once upon a time a miners right allowed you to peg out a small claim and then go and secure the claim at the Department of Mines or Department of Minerals and Energy.

In the early 1990s a lot changed and holders of a miners right can no longer peg out small claims.

Obtaining a mining lease in Victoria requires all sorts of pre-requisites (environmental, work safety and others) and a bond is lodged as well as the relevant application fees, geological reports and so forth.

The days of the small claim, as they used to be in the past, are pretty much over.

would be great to somehow bring it back would be a boost the economy with the miners right they should call it a prospecting right as the definition of mining is the process or industry of obtaining coal or other minerals from a mine. meaning if you have a miners right it implies that you have a right to mine dig excavate witch was what it was before the laws in the 1990s changed.

but anyway if you can only sluice pan and metal detect surface gold what is the point of getting a so called miners right these days if you can't dig or have a claim ?

also the average person doesn't have 6k for a mining lease nor the 10k to 15k bond plus all the gear to actually get a mine up and running your looking at 25k or more before you even stick your shovel in the ground. I was actually going to do it myself but I almost fell over at the cost of it all just the bond alone is too much.

Last edited by Hunting the yellow (05 May 2018 11:27 pm)

born 150 years too late and missed all the gold rushers

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site