Deus maintenance

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldpick

Chris Johnson
Reaction score
Hasn't been the best start to the year with my Deus, though it really has been hammered over the last couple of years, particularly with the 11" coil.

Most issues may well be resolved with a reloading of the software, though current issues include the HF coil not taking full charge, which I suspect is software related (thinks the battery is full, when in reality only half full). The second issue is with the 11" coil, which after several hours on the charger seems like it has not held any charge at all, and does not respond to the remote. Also rather than getting a standby LED flash on the coil every few seconds, instead it only flashes every 20 seconds or so, which is meant to indicate poor battery health.

Will it be time to change the battery pack over for a fresh lithium pack, or will both issues be resolved with reflashing of the new software - guess we will find out.

I have two Deus stem assemblies, the older of the two is now due for a new remote mount due to wear, plus may as well replace the rear of the remote compartment. Already had a few scares with the remote being knocked off the mount due to the loose fit, a rather expensive component to lose. The lower camlock could also do with some fresh parts to keep the lower stem in tighter.

The Deteknix headphones are still going strong, probably one of the best accessories I have purchased for the Deus so far, and well built too.

Might sound like a bit of work, though considering what I have put the Deus through, it was always due for freshen up at some stage. :)

Mine has taken alot of punishment, and broken 2 stem mounts, 1 lock, and one headphone clip. The software problems have been annoying, and I fully got the shits last year. But happy to say the latest version seems fine. I am very happy that I went with the Deus, and it will be my last detector. I cant see any worthwhile payout, from upgrading from it in the future.

Maybe we will meet it on the other side

1519897159_image.jpg

Just an update, put all the coils on charge for a top up, and the HF coil is now reading full charge as well as the 11" inch coil. Am thinking that the 11" coil was drained completely at some stage via the headphone controller, not sure about the HF coil - it works fine now, and that's all that matters. Still charging the 13x11 coil, once done will load up the new software.

I did read somewhere about reloading the software to sort out the coils not reading full charge, when in fact they were already fully charged.

Fitted my camo covers and remote to the new shaft setup, much better fit for the compared to the worn/loose fitting on the old shaft, camlocks are also nice and tight.

1519962448_img_20180302_141540.jpg

1519962472_img_20180302_141604.jpg

Goldpick said:
I did read somewhere about reloading the software to sort out the coils not reading full charge, when in fact they were already fully charged.

The Deus coils don't seem to like being completely discharged, or at least that's my experience.

I've also had a situation where a HF coil was fully charged only for the controller to indicate it was almost flat, yet it kept working for many hours.

I don't know if reloading the software would fix those glitches but I've read people saying it does.

Next time I experience an issue I will try reloading the firmware to see if that helps.

Latest posts