Yackandandah Victoria information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that mediocrist i tryd to msg or tag you to say thanks and also how much of a difference in price from rec minning and proper minning license
Is this that $10,000 figure i keep reading ?

Hey atomrat i need help
Found and aboundend diggings hole / mine . Would say its a mine as its not very deep .
Rich gold ore i think . But iam hopless with tech . Some reason i cant start topic or see pictures or videos or answer to others including you
I have pictures and videos taken on my trip especially for u and the members of this forum
Please help guys
I came from a remote area and i struggle with numeracy and literacy let alone technology
But in saying that we all love the bush and that hunt for that SHINY

So my question a topic i wantted to start was about some hard pack sample i took out of a mine yesterday
So i had a minelab eureka gold and the gold bug 2 and me n my brother climbed down with head torches,picks and heshian bags
So he left me in there when i started to dig n the roof was moving and crums were falling ... it was very old . No collor and i really should of taken such a risk
Iam really serious about my hobbys and beleive enteeing mine shafta is the way to go
Anyways i took a section of wall in a very small china mens pitt that shot pf the side down underground
Anyways i joined this forum for this exact reason and if iam in endanger my life with 2 children under 4 i atleast want to be doing it for pay dirt not dirt
So do any experinced miners and prospectors got any tips and advice
My question is . I took 4 heshians of ore but it was not solid rock . It was hard pack.. that hard my pick was sparking. But it crumbled and had quartz n ptrite all frew it but like a rice bubble cracker
I have photos plz help me to use this forum

Well im sorry but everyone has suggestions . I have already made my mind up and have a passion for the mine exploration and gold prospecting. So i respect thatt u disagree but thats your porogertive not mine . Iam asking these questions on this forum for advice ( only if they want to give it and other then that . I dont give 2 shits nor am i interested in people wanting to lecture or police
Iam hear to get advice from knowledgable people and old school hobbiests and ex miners . I want advice so i have a good chance of doing everything right for my own saftey
Thankyou to all the helpful forum members and sorry for my rant

Danlonie95 are you a local to the yack-beechworth area . Iam born and breed there but never did prospecting untill i moved to melbourne . Now i want to move back lol.
Do you have much knowledge about wallaby mines in victoria (not w.a )
Thanks for any info u can swing my way

victorian mine chasers on facebook posted a picture earlier today.

it has them hanging in a shaft,then they go in comments to explain that the air quality got down to as low as 12% O2.

if they didn't have a gas meter they could have died not knowing it was getting that bad.

Chloe0305 said:
Well im sorry but everyone has suggestions . I have already made my mind up and have a passion for the mine exploration and gold prospecting. So i respect thatt u disagree but thats your porogertive not mine . Iam asking these questions on this forum for advice ( only if they want to give it and other then that . I dont give 2 shits nor am i interested in people wanting to lecture or police
Iam hear to get advice from knowledgable people and old school hobbiests and ex miners . I want advice so i have a good chance of doing everything right for my own saftey

if you intend going down mine shafts or into mines then my suggestion would be to get one of these or something that does the same job (an air quality tester)
or keep your will up to date
also this is a good read
https://www.9news.com.au/world/2018/02/26/15/54/roman-gates-of-hell-mystery

1519703193_101_73281.jpg

7.62marksman said:
Chloe0305 said:

if you intend going down mine shafts or into mines then my suggestion would be to get one of these or something that does the same job (an air quality tester)
or keep your will up to date
also this is a good read
https://www.9news.com.au/world/2018/02/26/15/54/roman-gates-of-hell-mystery

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/8005/1519703193_101_73281.jpg

Mmmm ...Drger .... I like it, I like it a lot .... nice gear

Hi Chloe0305.

Please be careful when entering old mining areas. they can be extremely dangerous places. Always let someone know where you are going ,what time you will be back and where you will be staying. That way the authorities can look for you if something god forbids happens to you. There is some useful info from 7.62 and others as well please read it. It is our way of keeping you safe, not wanting to see your expeditions fail. Anyhow I have said my 5 cents worth, hope it helps.

Chloe0305 said:
Hi guys heading off to beechworth stanley and yack for the weekend . And it will be great ?
Just wondering if anyone can share any info on what type of shafts i may be entering . I have all the gear and experience but only starting the prospecting/ mining side of it..
Also is it true that my victorian prospecting license covers 5 acres of claim rights

Once upon a time a miners right allowed you to peg out a small claim and then go and secure the claim at the Department of Mines or Department of Minerals and Energy.

In the early 1990s a lot changed and holders of a miners right can no longer peg out small claims.

Obtaining a mining lease in Victoria requires all sorts of pre-requisites (environmental, work safety and others) and a bond is lodged as well as the relevant application fees, geological reports and so forth.

The days of the small claim, as they used to be in the past, are pretty much over.

Maldon Gold Centre said:
Chloe0305 said:
Hi guys heading off to beechworth stanley and yack for the weekend . And it will be great ?
Just wondering if anyone can share any info on what type of shafts i may be entering . I have all the gear and experience but only starting the prospecting/ mining side of it..
Also is it true that my victorian prospecting license covers 5 acres of claim rights

Once upon a time a miners right allowed you to peg out a small claim and then go and secure the claim at the Department of Mines or Department of Minerals and Energy.

In the early 1990s a lot changed and holders of a miners right can no longer peg out small claims.

Obtaining a mining lease in Victoria requires all sorts of pre-requisites (environmental, work safety and others) and a bond is lodged as well as the relevant application fees, geological reports and so forth.

The days of the small claim, as they used to be in the past, are pretty much over.

would be great to somehow bring it back would be a boost the economy with the miners right they should call it a prospecting right as the definition of mining is the process or industry of obtaining coal or other minerals from a mine. meaning if you have a miners right it implies that you have a right to mine dig excavate witch was what it was before the laws in the 1990s changed.

but anyway if you can only sluice pan and metal detect surface gold what is the point of getting a so called miners right these days if you can't dig or have a claim ?

also the average person doesn't have 6k for a mining lease nor the 10k to 15k bond plus all the gear to actually get a mine up and running your looking at 25k or more before you even stick your shovel in the ground. I was actually going to do it myself but I almost fell over at the cost of it all just the bond alone is too much.

Latest posts