Want the Equinox 800 now?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see Ebay keeping on top of things hey. Pffff

Hopefully some silly schmuck doesn't buy any. Sad.

Fraudulent RRP. I sincerely hope this crook is not associated with the Forum.

Guys I spoke to my mate today about detectors as I still have made up my mined uo what to purchase, I asked him about the GM100 as he works for Minelabs and recons the Equinox 800 is the best all round detector regarding bang for buck on the market, due to its multi frequency, I have watch few vids on them and the ground depth is quite impressive, does anyone some first knowledge using 1.

There are are a few of us on this forum using them . Check out wally69 and secret squirrels posts . Not a bad machine . Never used a gm1000 so cant compare mate. Good luck with your decision.

I saw this earlier today and reported it to eBay.

I wouldn't be surprised if the seller doesn't even have one to sell. I notice that all his/her feedback seems to be from buying crappy cheap items off other sellers.

Even though the seller is hoping to prey on a newbie who knows no better, he/she probably isn't breaking any eBay rules with the price.

Heatho said:
Can make him an offer, $1100. :lol:
I offered him a grand - see how it goes :p

He's probably not breaking any rules with the price but saying that it is a limited time offer & the RRP is $3200 would have to be fraudulent?
If he had been open & said that he jacked the price up due to high demand then there would be no problem with that (don't know how Minelab would view dealers doing that though?).

just a shitty thing to do.

i'm sure ebay would act if it was complained about,but then all they'd have to do is remove the rrp.

He sent me a reply. All it said was "Sold three already"

SCUMBAG!!!!. Probably lying...probably hasn't sold nothing.

I also reported him for "fraud". However, people should not be dumb enough to buy one from him without researching the true RRP. If your'e looking on eBay for an expensive detector, surely you have at least done some basic research???

mbasko said:
Heatho said:
Can make him an offer, $1100. :lol:
I offered him a grand - see how it goes :p

He's probably not breaking any rules with the price but saying that it is a limited time offer & the RRP is $3200 would have to be fraudulent?
If he had been open & said that he jacked the price up due to high demand then there would be no problem with that (don't know how Minelab would view dealers doing that though?).

When the new Ford Mustang came out people were buying them and then jacking the price up 15 or 20 grand because they were in short supply, now in Sydney every 3rd car is a new Mustang lol. Some people are always looking to make a profit doing this theze days. Hopefully ebay Equinox guy ends up selling them for 2nd hand prices jhst to recoup some of his moolah lol.

got and email off him this morning saying YES THANKS
just recieved this of ebay
so it seems they are looking at him now

MC139 NOTICE: eBay Communication Partner Warning

Hello 7.62marksman

Our records show that you recently received an email from tassiedevil007 through the Ask Seller a Question or Contact eBay Member features.
This email may be fraudulent and an attempt to do one of the following:

- Obtain your eBay password
- Gain access to your eBay account
- Use your eBay account for fraudulent activity
- Set up an outside-of-eBay transaction which may be fraudulent

This kind of email is often called a "phish" or "phishing attempt," and the people who send them are known as "phishers". Phishers use these methods to try to get your personal information, such as user names, passwords and credit card details. Because the emails may sometimes come through the eBay system, the phisher may seem to be trustworthy and have a good reason to contact you.

Status
Not open for further replies.