Golddiggerart - Detector finds...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fantastic hunt Golddiggerart,can't believe the surface finds,the beach gods really were on your side.Well done mate.Love the boomerang.

Yes Smoky mate it's a dirty Job picking up all those trashy coins but someone has to do it..... lol :)

Thanks Eldorado, that beach and the beach huts have been a great place for me to detect, lots of traffic along there with tracks leading in from shops near by.
The Boomerang was a nice find and is sitting on the shelf... :)
Detecting has changed my life in many ways and is my way of staying fit and active, also a way for me to wind down. :) :Y:

Wishfull said:
Great finds there Wow !Bet someone threw the boomerang out and it landed in the water.

A boomerang that doesnt come back is a stick.

Cheers mate....Nah it was stuck at the back of the beach huts by the base of a tree.... :) :Y:

Hey Art, what a great thread you've got going here, it's fantastic seeing what you find and what you do with some of the stuff you find as in spend, return, keep.
Really good stuff, keep at it :Y: :Y: :Y: :cool: :D :D :D

I managed to get out for a dig midweek and although there wasn't much around I had fun..... Also did a weekend dig...
Beach cleaners doing the rounds more times a week than last year.....Meeting new or maybe old detectorists which I had never seen
before means less finds but if you know where to look and have mapped all the local beaches you'll do okay.....
I found a phone today and brought it home with me, it rang while I was at the beach but I couldn't answer it fast enough...
While at home the phone rang again and I said hello is this your phone?
The women on the other end then starts off with...(You better give me back my phone because I know people and they'll hurt you)
I then replied yes come and pick it up to which she then replies....(I am serious you better give it back) I tried to say I found it down the beach
but before I could say anything off she goes again...(Buddy you're gonna get hurt)....
I then said in a loud voice..(I FOUND YOUR PHONE AT THE BEACH YOU CAN COME GET IT)...
She then replies oh I thought you were one of my ex's friends......(Nutcase) sounded like she was high on meth....
Anyway she was all quiet and then she said oh where can I pick it up and I gave her my address, she then says (could you bring it to me?) I replied no
I am not able to....she replies (oh I have a small child) to which I replied I have 8 children....All quiet again....I hear a man in the background saying
grab the address and we'll pick it up. She then says thank you and hung up the phone.
You know next time I'll just leave it there or chuck it into the water....
Anyway the gentleman came to the door and he was a real gentleman....He thanked me on behalf of his lady friend, I thought he may have been her father
because of his age but nope lady friend.
He wished me good health, good wealth and prosperity, shook my hand then off he went to the taxi and sure enough she was in the taxi....
The finds....

1519522075_wp_20180225_008.jpg

1519522310_wp_20180225_009.jpg

1519522339_wp_20180225_011.jpg

One and a half hours on the beach and I had a 10c a sinker and then this popped up right by the Beach Hut...

1519522380_wp_20180224_002.jpg

1519522437_wp_20180225_012.jpg

About an hour later this one popped up with a few goldies, I will get a picture of it in the sunlight....Looks like an small piece of Opal...

1519522589_wp_20180224_005.jpg

1519522618_wp_20180225_013.jpg

1519522658_wp_20180218_002.jpg

1519522700_wp_20180218_001.jpg

1519522722_wp_20180225_015.jpg

Someone say Calamari for dinner... :) Actually I let this little fella go.... :Y:

1519522774_wp_20180222_001.jpg

Until next time stay safe and enjoy your detecting time.... All the best always...

GDA :) :Y: :)

Well done mate..im really starting to wonder whether its worth my time and effort to do good deeds.. I found a phone the other day in a case on the side of the road..licence ..blue card ...bank card ECT all over the road....me dodging and weaving in... and out of cars to retrieve everything....phone was cracked but still working..$75 still in the case..got address off licence.....young girl 18yrs old...drove 20 mins out a my way to return it..knocked on the door ..could hear someone ..but no answer..5mins of knocking and yelling I have found your phone ..her mother opens the door ..takes the phone and says God she's a stupid bitch(meaning her daughter)Says thanks and shuts the door..now I didn't expect anything other than a tad more gratitude for my ...out a the way good deed..As you said mate..next time I may just keep on riding and leave it for someone else. :mad: :Y: :D

Smoky bandit said:
Well done mate..im really starting to wonder whether its worth my time and effort to do good deeds.. I found a phone the other day in a case on the side of the road..licence ..blue card ...bank card ECT all over the road....me dodging and weaving in... and out of cars to retrieve everything....phone was cracked but still working..$75 still in the case..got address off licence.....young girl 18yrs old...drove 20 mins out a my way to return it..knocked on the door ..could hear someone ..but no answer..5mins of knocking and yelling I have found your phone ..her mother opens the door ..takes the phone and says God she's a stupid bitch(meaning her daughter)Says thanks and shuts the door..now I didn't expect anything other than a tad more gratitude for my ...out a the way good deed..As you said mate..next time I may just keep on riding and leave it for someone else. :mad: :Y: :D

I've figured out that 2018 is about letting others help themselves. Myself and wife are helping ourselves this year and guiding our children as best we can...I have to admit we've done a great job with our three eldest sons and they've turned into three awesome men who look after their friends and also their family.
I've had my head chewed off by my best friend this year and a sister because I was trying to help them, they'll learn the hard way but you know what I did my best and now I am doing for me and my wife and those who come to me for advice. :) :Y:

silver said:
golddiggerart said:
silver said:
Don't take it to heart gda... they have the problem (let it go... let it go :lol: )
Your a gun detectorist with a good heart mate ! 8) :D
:Y: :cool: :Y:

He mate I love your wisdom which is very much appreciated.... Thank you. :) :Y:
:Y: All part of the silver sevice mate :D

We're never too old to learn something and I am a good listener... :)

Good stuff Art , some people dont know how to say thank you.

Its good to know that there are still those that will do the right thing .

I remembered when I got home from a detect at dead mans beach, the feeling of oh no , Ive lost my phone , but when I woke in the morning a Good Samaritan walking his dog had found it, and went out of his way to ring my friends and family , who had left messages on the wifes phone when we woke. He never asked but I gave him something in return . My phone is also my livelihood .

Your a good bloke!

Latest posts