Advice on a pinpointer

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi I bought a pin pointer today from jaycar as I was excited to use it but the thing turned out dud working but not it was only vibrating not buzzing
Need help can I get my money back I still have the receipt and I'll get a better one that acasually works. When I turned it on light green didn't indicate was detecting metal far distance that stunned thought it only detects if it's close not far.
So not happy want my money back. :(

Goldpick did a heap of tests on these things a while back. It must be listed somewhere here but I couldn't see it just now.

hmm bugger that sucks, the description on the listing page at jarcar says that the pinpointer will locate a coin at up to 30mm if it doesn;t do that take it back, the listing Also says it has a led indicator and a vibration not a buzzer. If you cant use it for the purpose you bought it and you can demonstrate to the shop that is does not work take it back asap. a decent pointer starts over $100 the $60 price tag should be a good indication of functionality

Mines on this post... land and sea from cleggy
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=333728#p333728
this was last year... prices may vary :D
1520810053_screenshot_2018-03-12-09-13-26.jpg

mine works fantastically each and everytime I use it. :Y:

Hi I have a Pistol Probe that is made in US. Can easily find small targets from 20cm or even further. It is a bit cumbersome given width of the battery section but works a treat. Have to turn the sensitivity down to pinpoint target accurately but that is good.

So I finally jumped with an eBay discount code and grabbed a Nox 800, I'm very much a noob when it comes to detecting these days I have owned very basic ones in the past and for a short time a GPX 4500, it was stolen before I could do much damage with it. I have a great deal to learn about using the Nox, I played around in the park down the street for about 40 mins before the cold got the better of me this evening. Dug up some trash and even a couple of spendables, but soon realised it was a bit futile for now without a pinpointer.

So I need some help deciding on a pinpointer, right now I can't decide between the Minelab Pro-Find 35 and the XP MI4 or MI6. I understand the 6 has the ability to link with the Deus, which I don't require but Clegy has them on sale, I don't know if there is any benefit with the 6 over the 4 when not using a Deus.

Basically, the Pro-Find 35 and the XP MI6 are the same price right now, I'm also open to suggestions on cheaper alternatives, I just thought might as well spend a few dollars on something reliable.

I may have a PF35; only a few week old - up for sale shortly....

Have some other shit to sort out so check back with me in about 10 days if you have not done a deal by then.

I've always used Minelab detectors but own a MI6. It's a brilliant pinpointer and I can't think why I would change to any other. Even though the 35 has ferrous discrimination. My Equinox discriminates just find so I don't feel the need for that in a pinpointer.

Latest posts