Newbie chasing some second hand gear

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Totally new to all this so I thought i'd chuck a post up seeing if anyone was parting with some sieves or pans, Or any anything else you may think a beginner in this field may require?

I've seen some pans and sieves at the local outdoors shop but the quality is rubbish and for the price its just not worth it.

Id rather spend money on good quality and only have to buy it once or twice than over and over.

Thanks in advance.

Shannon :rainbow:

7.62marksman said:
There are lots of good starter kits on ebay i started with them and still use them today think about 3 years now

Excellent thanks heaps 7.62marksman

If your around bendigo , go to minersden , be honest and explain your new with a limited budget and you should find the staff are full of good advice , i personally have never been to Bendigo miners den , but the gold shops i have been into are staffed with blokes that have been prospecting all their life and if their not busy they will keep you there for an hour chatting.

Yeah I went out to miners den in Bendigo but he didn't have much in the way of Gemstone stuff and a limited amount of panning stuff (he did have the $79 kit as mentioned above), he was a nice enough bloke and honest. His main focus was all about detectors he said.
I went to Total tools and bought a Eswing Geo Pic and just some basic gear so that should be enough for starters.

Appreciate everyones feedback and comments. :)

Shannon

aussiefarmer said:
If your around bendigo , go to minersden , be honest and explain your new with a limited budget and you should find the staff are full of good advice , i personally have never been to Bendigo miners den , but the gold shops i have been into are staffed with blokes that have been prospecting all their life and if their not busy they will keep you there for an hour chatting.

Hi Shan85
Im new to prospecting and I purchase some tools from my local Aussie Disposals store.
The prices are fair and the quality seems good.

I can post the like just yet, but if you go the Aussie Disposals website and search for GOLD PANNING DISH this will display what you are looking for.
$49.95 ALUMINIUM GOLD SIEVE SET
$_7.45 GOLD PANNING DISH - 36 CM
$_7.95 SNUFFER BOTTLE 150ML

Slackaboy said:
Hi Shan85
Im new to prospecting and I purchase some tools from my local Aussie Disposals store.

I can post the like just yet, but if you go the Aussie Disposals website and search for GOLD PANNING DISH this will display what you are looking for.

Sieve quality is good enough from AD, they will take a bit of punishment, finding pay dirt is the challenge.

Investing in a decent panning kit will make panning more productive

Las time I was in Bendigo,
There is a disposals store in the square.
Across from the fountain.

I recently saw that anaconda bendigo has minelab panning kits advertised online. You could drop in or postage was only 7.95

Wally69 said:
Slackaboy said:
Hi Shan85

Sieve quality is good enough from AD, they will take a bit of punishment, finding pay dirt is the challenge.

Investing in a decent panning kit will make panning more productive

Same old problem we all have. Do I spend money I don't really have to find gold so that I can have money to spend on the gear I need to find the gold :lol:

Latest posts