From zero to hero with DetectingSA

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Northeast said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co..._b1d8fd4c-10a9-4cd6-8d82-30d5a786dc5c.jpgDTSA. Nice finds mate, they cleaned up very well.

Having a play in the backyard tonight with the Gold Monster and picked up a 1948 sixpence - so my first silver find!

It is in pretty good nick - probably just needs a bit of a soak for a few days in lemon juice as the Bandit suggested.

Perhaps you want to fill your album with your own finds but you are more than welcome to this one if you want it? Coins aren't my thing ;)

I really appreciate the offer mate, but I do want to fill the album with my finds.
Thanks very much, very generous offer but I must decline

:Y:

No troubles mate, I certainly understand. There is something to be said for setting a goal and reaching it yourself.

Keep the finds coming, they are fun posts to check in on :Y:

g,day quick question , where do you get those sleeves with the dates and pockets to put the coins in , i could use some of those to put my pre dec coins in .

thanks

johno

No mate..salt and vinigar for crusty sea silvers to get all the crust off.....then lemon juice for few days until nice and shinny..There are certain coins with a brown to grey patena that won't clean unless you use electrolysis.. :Y:

Smoky bandit said:
No mate..salt and vinigar for crusty sea silvers to get all the crust off.....then lemon juice for few days until nice and shinny..There are certain coins with a brown to grey patena that won't clean unless you use electrolysis.. :Y:

Thanks mate, I'll have to pop to the shop after work tonight.

I hope she comes up good, she's in really good nic otherwise :Y:

Went out for hunt #27 this morning,

I walked down to a park I saw on google maps with a secondary back up near by, both of them were way too manicured for me to detect there, would just be asking for trouble even though they're reserves not sports fields.

Decided to carry on walking down to Brighton beach and have a swing there. I'm not the biggest fan of beach detecting, targets are few and far inbetween, so after a good 2-3 km I gave up on the beach and hit up google maps again for another close by park.

Walked there and it was no longer a park.... back onto google maps and found another close by one, got there and had a swing and it was remarkably clear of targets so I decided to call it a day and head home.

13km and not much to show for it

1519446772_img_3728.jpg

Until next time :Y:

Smoky bandit said:
Hi Mate leave them soak in lemon juice(just the stuff in a bottle from wollies) for 2 or 3 days and it will just rub of with ya finger.. :Y:

Thanks again mate, she's come up a beaut

Hard to get a good focused picture, there's a lot more detail on the emu etc

Shame I just realised it base a tiny tiny edge nic but she's one of the best quality silvers I've got

1519554873_img_3753.jpg

A highly intelligent fella (RJ) :D once told of how to place your phone hanging out over the edge of a glass to help stabilize it so your photo's turn out crisp n clear DSA. :Y:

Went out for a short hunt after work for hunt #28

First target was a penny so I had high hopes for the park, but sadly left with no silvers 8.(

This is the second park I've pretty thoroughly covered that I've found pennies but no silvers which I find abit odd, surely if someone's dropped a penny chances are someone else has dropped a silver

1519726414_img_3778.jpg

Nothing great, old Hose end, toy car, $2, 1s and 2s

I'm starting boxing classes 3 times a week as of tomorrow so I will be more pressed for time than I already am but I'm still determined to get out there and liberate silvers from the tyranny of the soil :Y:

I've got a whole week off work shortly which I plan to absolutely go mental on the detecting front

Bit of an old Lesney Truck and a Hose Spray End too..... digging all the right noises there DSA :Y: