Tdi Pro VS Tdi SL

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greglz86

Greg Anderson
Reaction score
Hey guys sorry if this is a dumb question but A few years ago Whites released the TDI pro oz series and now when I look on the gold search Australia website it has a TDI SL advertised instead.
Is their a difference in the detectors? Or are they one and the same?
Maybe Im looking in the wrong places but I cannot seem to find the answer Im looking for.
Also, if their is a difference what one would you pick and why?
Thanks in advance
Greg

The TDI SL is basically a TDI Pro Lite and the following pics of the control panels show very few differences:

SL
1519108331_tdi_sl.jpg

Pro
1519108350_tdi_pro.jpg

The Pro has Coarse and Fine Ground Balance adjustments, for greater precision and a Volume control. It also utilises larger battery packs, which I believe Whites had problems shipping internationally. As a consequence, the SL is often felt to be lacking in power and owners sometimes engineer their own alternative battery packs for it.

Thanks for that. So a TDI pro would be the go if I could get my hands on one.
Thanks for the quick and informative response :Y:

Greg

Member lewy had one for sale not long ago.

You will find he has a few posts in makro threads.

Greglz86 said:
Is their a difference in the detectors? Or are they one and the same?

The TDI SL is the current pulse induction model from White's. It's a great machine and is easy to use.

There is a little bit of history to the discontinuation and pricing of the other White's models in Australia.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=13345

We carry the White's TDI SL and can help you out with a new one. If you're looking out for a second hand machine and need advice feel free to get in touch.

Hi all,
I have a TDI pro Oz I'm wanting to sell, it has not had much use, comes with the standard coil (unused) and a coiltek 6" any idea what it would be worth?
Thanks in advance Dave

Hi David, have a look in the "For Sale" section of the classifieds as well as the "Closed Trades" as there are a couple for sale/sold very recently and it should give you a ball park figure, the other ones on those ads had a few extras as well.

Best of luck :Y:

Thanks ProspectorPete,
I'll check them out take some photos and post in the classified section
Regards Dave

So, I am now the owner of a tdi pro oz. got a good deal and its on its way in the mail and will be able to take it out in about a week and a half so that should give me plenty of time to read the manual.
It only comes with the standard 12 coil so Im now in the market for something more suitable for nugget hunting.
Want something better suited for small nuggets. So Im torn between the NF 8x6 Sadie or the coiltek 6 inch mono.
However if you guys know of anything else to look at Im open to suggestions
Thanks again
Greg

Congrats, just remember that in normal soils and on the beach run the TDI Pro with the Ground Balance OFF because you get more depth and with the TDI SL you run with the GB "ON" to get more depth.

Good luck and have fun out there. :Y:

Thanks mate.
On another note, this one was first purchased through GSA in 2011 so it hasnt had any mods done to it.
Is their anyone still around that does them? And are they worth the effort?

Greglz86 said:
Thanks mate.
On another note, this one was first purchased through GSA in 2011 so it hasnt had any mods done to it.
Is their anyone still around that does them? And are they worth the effort?

Luke was the Guy who worked on the SL and the Pro, At the time The bug fix was for the SL but it did do wondrous things to the Pro as well, You can Try asking GSA for Luke's contact details, I did have them here somewhere, but if you have no luck with GSA I will try and search for them Ok.

Good luck.

Thanks mate. Ill have a play with it first and get to know it before I do anything but Ill keep it in mind.
Ive only ever used VLFs and a SDC before so this will a bit of a new experience for me.

Hi Greg, if you haven't already been on youtube there's some good video's with the TDI Pro OZ and Liz is one person who has great success using it, if you struggle with settings etc it might pay to message her through her site https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHk9xcAFrmUl_K3mfHp6zUA

Here's a clip of Liz finding small nuggets to get you started, enjoy your new purchase and hope you find plenty :Y:

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/82kw93i-YFM[/video]

What are your thoughts on the miner John folded mono coils? I see they sell them with the latest tdi sl with the fancy new paint.

Latest posts