Now I'm set - GPX4500 and Coiltek Elite coil

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tassie Daz

Darryl Rowley
Reaction score
There are times for all of us when we wish/hope for things and stuff gets in the way.....a car dies, a baby arrives, sickness occurs.....you know what I mean. Well since Ive been metal detecting Ive always hoped that one day I might own a Minelab. I couldnt afford the $'s in the beginning so elected buy alternatives. Last year with the thought that the Garrett had died I was able to buy a GPX 4500, still not the top of the range but close. The ultimate coil to swing with it I thought was the 18" Elite, but hey be thankful with what you have, right. Well this was advertised in WA last week and it just had to find a new home at my place and it arrived today...........NOW IM SET. Victoria here I come.

1519001731_optimized-20180219_102954.jpg

Nice coil!! 4500 is no slouch, it can keep up with a 5000 no problem most the time if not all the time with the right coils for the job.

HI Pete. Yep no worries. Were hopefully off to Bendigo and surrounds in April so keep watching. Ive got to go into hospital on the 7th March for a new Defibrilator so gotta get over that then off to the goldfields. Can drive for 2 weeks but we'll press it all we can. And the hipstick will help.

Latest posts