From zero to hero with DetectingSA

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
malri_au said:
wouldn't you be missing gold stuff under 60,or is that your aim to only find coins?

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa310/Boilie34/target-1.jpg

My main aim is pre decimals, though I do enjoy finding all types of coins.
I don't think there's a man alive who's swung a detector that would turn down gold! :D

I need to research some ID numbers and maybe re-evaluate what I dig, the thought I might have left gold behind is horrifying :lol:

from what i've read on the ace,its just above 40 to avoid coke/charcoal/iron.

i've always dug everything,because you never know what's part of what till it's out the ground.

Ok so for future reference for someone who might come looking

1518858914_img_3669.jpg

Gold seems to be smack bang in the middle of the aluminum trash, that hurts that will slow me down abit

My main hunting ground is parks, and I don't really expect to find gold. If I was on the beach sure I'd have to get all those 70 and probably even 60 signals. But in the park? Ugh I don't know, I won't be able to leave them now I just know I won't :lol:

Chart: complements of user: Nugget :Y:

Gold in the park ?

Shit yeah, both Kato and myself have found gold rings and chains, she has missed a few things of silver because she doesnt dig if she thinks its junk
she has a CTX3030, me an Ace250, but I have always maintained that you dig everything unless you are chasing a particular thing,
then you discriminate everything else out and focus.

If you are finding silver coins, look for gold too.
Maybe no one has done that area and you will get a surprise.

AND YES its a bugger gold is alongside of 'pull tabs' :( on the scale.

You are still smashing it dude. :Y:

I braved the rain and mud for hunt #25,

Came up with a few goldies, a strange green metal ball, a key, some coppers and a sixpence :D again only 50% but silvers silver!

I seem to remember I already found this year but I'll have to break out the coin album later and check, will always be good for the obverse :Y:

1518940527_img_3675.jpg

Hey guys sorry for late reply,

The album came with the mintage numbers and years etc.

I got mine from here - https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/162262986299

Mines a compete coin album, so 1910 to 2016.

But you can get just pre decimal 1910-1966 if that's what floats your boat

No slots for English pennies, but you can add your own sleeves and add some if that's what you wanted, the seller sells extra sheets and extension posts for the folder.

Abit price but nice quality, I love mine. :)

Hunt #26

Another day, another silver, another bong piece :lol: :lol:

Two silvers actually woo hoooo :Y:

1519204600_img_3701.jpg

1519204620_img_3702.jpg

1519204639_img_3704.jpg

I don't know what the brown/black marks are, don't want to budge. I usually just put abit of vinegar on a tooth brush and brush them clean. They don't want to go though.

And oh yeah, another bloody 1951, I know for sure this time I already have that year :p it's all good though I needed a George obverse for the album!

Cheers!

Hi Mate leave them soak in lemon juice(just the stuff in a bottle from wollies) for 2 or 3 days and it will just rub of with ya finger.. :Y:

Smoky bandit said:
Hi Mate leave them soak in lemon juice(just the stuff in a bottle from wollies) for 2 or 3 days and it will just rub of with ya finger.. :Y:

Will vinegar do the same thing? I don't have lemon juice right now :p

1519210483_b1d8fd4c-10a9-4cd6-8d82-30d5a786dc5c.jpg
DTSA. Nice finds mate, they cleaned up very well.

Having a play in the backyard tonight with the Gold Monster and picked up a 1948 sixpence - so my first silver find!

It is in pretty good nick - probably just needs a bit of a soak for a few days in lemon juice as the Bandit suggested.

Perhaps you want to fill your album with your own finds but you are more than welcome to this one if you want it? Coins aren't my thing ;)

Latest posts