MAKRO KRUZER SERIES information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have tested a Multi Kruzer sample unit, and have been overall impressed. Here's some initial thoughts.

The 14 kHz and 20 kHz both are very stable on wet sand. The unit is very stable in shallow water. I don't know what they did but the Beach mode is definitely improved. Working a knee deep eroded gutter on an outgoing tide, it was even more stable than on the sand! Don't hold me to that though, it had me scratching my head.

I found Beach mode the best on wet sand and in the water, but on the dry sand I like the all-metal mode, with iSat on 8. This holds a very stable threshold and I feel I can ID crown caps with ease. They give very bouncy ID's but coins lock on. Any faint signals I was flicking over to Deep mode to compare the response, and on some of them I got a nice solid hit. This was more for curiosity because I'd probably do what I normally do which is just scrape the sand flat and re-check, but toggling between modes is super easy.

There is no adjustable discrimination in All-metal mode so you need to look at the screen if you want to ignore certain targets, so that is one feature the Impact still has up its sleeve. But as I do most of my beach hunting at night, the only thing you see is the faint blue glow of the LCD.
3-tone mode is very fast, maybe even slightly quicker than Impact?
The Kruzer is very light and well balanced with the stock 11x7" coil.

Was very slim pickins at the beach I went to, but on the way back to the car I got a deep hit which was the keys with ring attached. The small bracelet is plastic beads, the only metal on it is two small bells, so very good sensitivity. This was in 19 kHz. The brass circular thing is a dog tag, just a name on it. That was down at an estimated 10" or so. I tested it on all freq before digging and 5kHz gave the most solid hit on that one. The pin was a clear hit, took forever to recover.

1518142699_img_20180209_094838.jpg

Please note this was a sample unit, so final production models may have had some tweaks.

P.s. loved it when I got home, I slid the lower shaft out, and hosed down the whole unit. Crispy clean in secs ;)

I wish someone would test the 20 Khz in the GT. and let us know, or someone has and it has thrown up. No disc. in all metal mode is bad cos I go by tones alone.ID,s in the GT are unreliable and fluctuate wildly due to the very high mineralisation. So its dig everything up with the Kruzer. Ouch me back!

oldtimerROB said:
I wish someone would test the 20 Khz in the GT. and let us know, or someone has and it has thrown up. No disc. in all metal mode is bad cos I go by tones alone.ID,s in the GT are unreliable and fluctuate wildly due to the very high mineralisation. So its dig everything up with the Kruzer. Ouch me back!

I've used the Impact in 20 Khz around Dunolly and a couple of other spots in the GT
It's a very good machine.
I use it in Gen only when searching seriously for gold, but it will find gold in the silent (No threshold) mode's as well if and when you get lazy.
but as always disc = depth loss
It GB's and ground tracks very well in Gen, and is at least as good as any other VLF out there.
If your serious, it's dig everything with the Impact as well.

egixe4 said:
oldtimerROB said:

I've used the Impact in 20 Khz around Dunolly and a couple of other spots in the GT
It's a very good machine.
I use it in Gen only when searching seriously for gold, but it will find gold in the silent (No threshold) mode's as well if and when you get lazy.
but as always disc = depth loss
It GB's and ground tracks very well in Gen, and is at least as good as any other VLF out there.
If your serious, it's dig everything with the Impact as well.

Is that you Rob with a new user name, lolololol

No I.m still here and no need for your sarcastic remarks. FINALLY some one who has tested the Impact in the GT and knows what they are talking about.
Thanks egixe4 for your constructive comments. First time ever on this forum I have got some useful information on the Impact I can use in the GT.
I did persevere in GEN mode for 3 months but moved on to DEEP and DI3. Due to my bad back I cant dig up every hot rock I come across,so I used to set the discrimination in GEN to 01 and it was very good at giving a low tone for hot rocks ( and iron I think although found very few so cant really remember) and a high tone for everything else. I always dug up the hot rocks just to be sure and the Impact was always right and these low tones were never gold.
I am really glad you found gold in GEN and Disc. modes. At the head of Cup Gully Wedderburn I was there 4 days and did a lot of poking around but found only small bits of silver foil. The ground there was much more unforgiving than where I was previously around Dunolly/Havelock and I couldnt use DEEP. However I found DI3 went deeper on gold than GEN and gave a louder signal.Both were very stable with the high mineralisation.If you prefer GEN mode and think it goes deep then you must be using the audio boost and it only works in the GEN mode as does the tracking mode. DEEP needs to have the tone break set lower otherwise it will give the same signal for both iron and gold. It is important to set the ID scale to standard when you select 20 Khz as it will give more separation betwwen iron and gold if you follow the ID,s as I rarely do as I go on tones alone.Impact has also the best clearest tones of any VLF detector.

oldtimerROB said:
No I.m still here and no need for your sarcastic remarks. FINALLY some one who has tested the Impact in the GT and knows what they are talking about.
Thanks egixe4 for your constructive comments. First time ever on this forum I have got some useful information on the Impact I can use in the GT.
Due to my bad back I cant dig up every hot rock I come across,so I used to set the discrimination in GEN to 01 and it was very good at giving a low tone for hot rocks ( and iron I think although found very few so cant really remember) and a high tone for everything else. I always dug up the hot rocks just to be sure and the Impact was always right and these low tones were never gold.
I am really glad you found gold in GEN and Disc. modes. At the head of Cup Gully Wedderburn I was there 4 days and did a lot of poking around but found only small bits of silver foil. The ground there was much more unforgiving than where I was previously around Dunolly/Havelock and I couldnt use DEEP. However I found DI3 went deeper on gold than GEN and gave a louder signal.Both were very stable with the high mineralisation.If you prefer GEN mode and think it goes deep then you must be using the audio boost and it only works in the GEN mode as does the tracking mode. DEEP needs to have the tone break set lower otherwise it will give the same signal for both iron and gold. It is important to set the ID scale to standard when you select 20 Khz as it will give more separation betwwen iron and gold if you follow the ID,s as I rarely do as I go on tones alone.Impact has also the best clearest tones of any VLF detector.

It wasn't a sarcastic comment it was a serious question.

Again, this is not an Impact thread, If you want to discuss the things you mention then start a new thread, Hot rocks are a pain for VLF's so it would be worth it.

Saw a good video on Youtube yesterday on the Kruzer multi freq. and was impressed by its simplicity - only 6 search modes against the 12 on the Impact and much less features. This makes it more lighter which is what users are after and less intimidating than the Impact. Also waterproof. The Impact is not and should have been at least against rain. No trigger for GB but a button instead.Maybe no depth finder or pin pointer? All buttons are grouped together and are all black which looks cheap.The massive ID dial is just a gimmick as it wont work effectively in the GT but good for parks or beaches-dry sand.
It looks like an el cheapo version of the Impact with exposed coiled cable and no handle,only a tube to hold onto.No disc. in the GEN mode for hot rocks,iron which is very bad for broke backs like me. The crisp signals and speed of recovery was also impressive,but that was in neutral ground and not in very high mineralisation. Yet it sells at the same price as an Impact.
All in all I do like its simplicity and lightness if I could attach a handle on the broomstick, and if it would still display its crispy signals and very fast speed of recovery and be as stable as the Impact in the GT,I think it would appeal.

I have just posted my comments about my impressions on the Kruzer. Only members who can made creditable comments on the Kruzer are Impact users because the two are nearly identical.I only responded to the egixe4 post and though it is the decent thing to do.Too many insults flying around this forum and that,s what you should be concentrating on, because it gets people upset.

The Kruzer being waterproof to 5m is geared for beach, and general hunting around water. It is not designed with gold hunting in mind, but it will work equally as well as the Racer 2 and Impact in goldfield soils. The Impact at $1280 compared to the Kruzer at $1125 does add a few more features, but the lightness and 5m waterproof will be the big appeal of the Kruzer series.

The Kruzer is anything but cheap. The build quality is awesome, very tight and solid. You have to pop in to your nearest dealer when they arrive in Oz, and see for yourself.

Yes it looks like a great detector and watching a YouTube video can be deceiving compared to inspecting a product physically. I think users are wanting something lighter and simple with not a ton of features and it is where they Nokta went overboard with the Impact, although 12 months ago it was in my view untouchable for the price on our goldfields.
I still think that the Kruzer with the 19 Khz option would be better suited for the GT as it would be more stable than the 56 Khz machines especially at Wedderburn,Vic. Its got DEEP and DI3 and GEN for hunting flakes in shallow ground.

oldtimerROB said:
I have just posted my comments about my impressions on the Kruzer. Only members who can made creditable comments on the Kruzer are Impact users because the two are nearly identical.I only responded to the egixe4 post and though it is the decent thing to do.Too many insults flying around this forum and that,s what you should be concentrating on, because it gets people upset.

You have no creditable comments as far as the Kruzer is concerned because it has not been released yet and only the testers and sales people know the facts about it, and there has been no insults made as of yet,

You have High Jacked in excess of 25s thread with BS about the Impact and if you are not high jacking threads you are starting new threads with the sole purpose of putting down other machines totalling in excess of 120 posts of Non Fact based waffle in an attempt to discredit all other major brands, The Impact is a good machine and that is all it is, So for Christ sake stop high jacking threads and starting brand wars.

If the Impact was as good as you claim then more people would be using them but they are not, So what does that tell you ??. If it was the last machine on earth I would not buy one because of the damage "YOU" do to the brand, I see the word Impact and think Idiot and then remember all the BS fantasies that you post about it.

Ok, it can ground balance in the GT, So can every other new machine on the market, you find junk and foil with yours in the GT while others are finding Gold with their brand/models of machines. If yours is as good then show us the Gold, If not then you have got nothing to say.

Moving over/past the hurdles/frictions :|

Makro Kruzer ~ Multi Kruzer in store in the Netherlands, just saw a picture with 30 of them stacked neatly.

Text indicated: "All pre-orders will be shipped today. Soon the second delivery will follow."

Nokta did indicate delivery would be Europe First, followed by USa .............. no mentioning of Oz delivery time, why? worry the dealers in Turkey seem to be waiting also.

Population of Turkey 81+ million ..... population of Australia 24.5+ Million ....... population of the Netherlands 17+ Million. .... guess there is logic in there somewhere.

nesral said:
no mentioning of Oz delivery time, why?

I think it has to do with distribution channels. We deal direct with Nokta / Makro as does Phase Technical.

Our first batch of machines is in the air as I type this. Depending on customs clearance we should have them mid to late this week.

Latest posts