Vibra-Tector mini detectors information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I've been diving now 6years while detecting,I use a Sea Hunter and whites Beach Hunter 300,I also own one off them,I found the 740 not much good,to small to detec under water,it only detects maybe 2inchs at best,I found it best around rocks,you are talking about a dive belt may I say make sure you practise under water taking that off, you can get in trouble very quick if things go wrong believe me I've seen it.If you want to go underwater detecting do a dive course,there is a lot to learn about underwater detecting.I have found great things underwater sometimes up to 8meters deep you carnet don't that with. Dive belt.Good Luck.

Looks good, I've seen a few utube vids of them in action. Looks like your gunna shallow dive around the rocks to score then..... good advice from 300 re the weight belt removal practice (for if your gunna free dive deeper) :Y:

300 said:
Hi, I've been diving now 6years while detecting,I use a Sea Hunter and whites Beach Hunter 300,I also own one off them,I found the 740 not much good,to small to detec under water,it only detects maybe 2inchs at best,I found it best around rocks,you are talking about a dive belt may I say make sure you practise under water taking that off, you can get in trouble very quick if things go wrong believe me I've seen it.If you want to go underwater detecting do a dive course,there is a lot to learn about underwater detecting.I have found great things underwater sometimes up to 8meters deep you carnet don't that with. Dive belt.Good Luck.

Cheers 300, that's good food for thought. I will investigate more next week.
I've been a bit distracted since my last post. We got a new puppy 13 weeks old, so things are a bit hectic at the minute!
1518851894_millie.jpg

300 said:

Forgot to ask 300 - where is your location? Are you doing sea or inland.

silver said:
Looks good, I've seen a few utube vids of them in action. Looks like your gunna shallow dive around the rocks to score then..... good advice from 300 re the weight belt removal practice (for if your gunna free dive deeper) :Y:

I think I will now have to account for all possibilities Silver. The area I am looking at is a lake, and it is used by hordes of school kids almost every day from spring though to autumn, as part of their curriculum, learning to swim, kayak, sail board etc (they had nothing like it when I was at school, but hey, that was before electricity). It seems like the perfect place to find the odd lost ring, necklace, chain,coin etc. Where their training is concentrated would be between 3 and 5 feet deep.

But in six months I might get a rush of blood and go check out the reefs in the shallows around from the Bluff and Encounter Bay, and the depth there would be at least that of the lake and there are some pretty ugly sharks which cruise through passed the Bluff Jetty.

In retrospect, a dive course sounds pretty enticing. Being newly retired, every day is a Saturday now, so what the heck, why not? Lloyd Bridges, eat your heart out.

Latest posts