1974 Coronet van

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya gotta love Bush Dr's and Nurse's :Y: sliced my index finger once when fishing. Almost cut the tendon through it was hanging on by a thread. My mate and I were in the hills around Corryong about an hour from the hospital around 15km but rough tracks and big hill climbs. When we got to the hospital they said if I was in Melbourne it'd be micro surgery these guys had me stitched up and out the door in about an hour :Y:.

Yep they're good. The local hospital was closed for christmas when I did it but the mines have a surgeon on a big tv screen who overseas everything, plus they put you up in rooms akin to a posh motel.

They sugested the best and quickest way to heal it was to cut it off, but I googled and found to enter the Para Olympics as an amputee it had to be a whole limb..bugger! I had my heart set on clean sweeping the athletics.

Christmas just past I spent a bit of time up there again when I put a mulga stake through my leg. :N:

madtuna said:
Yep they're good. The local hospital was closed for christmas when I did it but the mines have a surgeon on a big tv screen who overseas everything, plus they put you up in rooms akin to a posh motel.

They sugested the best and quickest way to heal it was to cut it off, but I googled and found to enter the Para Olympics as an amputee it had to be a whole limb..bugger! I had my heart set on clean sweeping the athletics.

Christmas just past I spent a bit of time up there again when I put a mulga stake through my leg. :N:

Mad tuna, you can still clean sweep at the athletics all you need is a broom, dustpan, 400 metres of track and away you go.

Ready, Set, SWEEP :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back at the van again today. The first light on the ceiling wasn't working.

1518666042_2018-02-15_13.59.25.jpg

Other reason

1518666082_2018-02-15_14.02.30.jpg

Put in some LED's as well. Time for the Panadol now.

1518666186_2018-02-15_14.06.27.jpg

Good progress mate, do you plan on taking it to van parks or going to bush camps without 240v power?
It may be a good idea to think about that to set up the power system to suit.
You don't nessicarily need 240v when out bush, but as you have done with LED's that will help you be "off grid".

Marvellous project mate, I'm sure the grandchild will love it's first outing. :Y: :Y:

Occasional_panner said:
Good progress mate, do you plan on taking it to van parks or going to bush camps without 240v power?
It may be a good idea to think about that to set up the power system to suit.
You don't nessicarily need 240v when out bush, but as you have done with LED's that will help you be "off grid".

Marvellous project mate, I'm sure the grandchild will love it's first outing. :Y: :Y:

At this stage being unemployed at 60. The dollars are a bit tight so I will be sticking to 240 volts for a bit. The LED's are 12 volt but running from a dropping transformer like you would have on a phone charger. We will be leaving the van at cv parks and then going prospecting from there or whatever. We will be cooking on outdoor fire pits or using air fryers, microwave, Dreampot and baking our own bread etc. Mrs. Wishfull has many options for the food department trust me.
I would like to pick up a 3.5 kva genset one day
Just in case.
Solar panels and batteries might be a way off yet. :rolleyes:
Thanks for all your comments fellas, love reading them.

good project wishfull,should come up ok,hope the grandaughters learning a bit from it,sounds like shes had it a bit of a rough start to life,so sad to hear of children subjected to those enviroments :mad:

Goldchaser1 said:
good project wishfull,should come up ok,hope the grandaughters learning a bit from it,sounds like shes had it a bit of a rough start to life,so sad to hear of children subjected to those enviroments :mad:
It's still go a way to go yet, and I'm not very HANDY atm which is slowing things up somewhat but we will get there.
Yes the poor kid has done it tough and still is mentally, she just wants her mother to love her.
Her mother we hope is coming to her senses a bit as long as she can stay clean.

Back into it today. Pulled all cupboard doors, hinges and catches off. Removed all padded cushions and the mattress and bed frame. Started undercoating.
Mrs. Wishfull recons the interior needs a Full repaint ceiling walls, the lot....Not done yet :rolleyes: Oh and I fixed the light that had burnt out.
From little jobs big jobs grow !

1519975697_2018-03-02_17.47.01.jpg

Wishfull said:
Back into it today. Pulled all cupboard doors, hinges and catches off. Removed all padded cushions and the mattress and bed frame. Started undercoating.
Mrs. Wishfull recons the interior needs a Full repaint ceiling walls, the lot....Not done yet :rolleyes: Oh and I fixed the light that had burnt out.
From little jobs big jobs grow !

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7460/1519975697_2018-03-02_17.47.01.jpg

Good to see your keeping hydrated the van looks like it's found a loving owner :Y:.