Minelab Equinox tips and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my Makro Gold Racer from there. I just assumed that Miners Den would of had them first seeing as how they are Minelab Only.

Evening Wally, long time no-see, Miners Den Sydney has a demo Equinox if you're over that way, would be great to hear what you think; from memory there is a park close by????????

SinHof said:
Evening Wally, long time no-see, Miners Den Sydney has a demo Equinojx if you're over that way, would be great to hear what you think; from memory there is a park close by????????

Was in Newcastle on the weekend wondering if they had a palet full to flog off at the caravan and camping show, was almost going to pay for entry just to duck in and see if they had one ready to go. Though of a potential missed opportunity occupied my mind for the entire trip back to Sydney.

Am waiting for the call Miners Den promised that hasn't eventuated yet to work out if I pick up of get it delivered. Thinking of doing some rounds of my honey holes to extract that Holey dollar with my name on it once it is unboxed. :party: :rainbow: :party: although I will drop in and have a chat to the lads to get their feedback if I find myself in Parramatta in the meantime.

Doing a bit of travel up the highway for work, so will let you know if the opportunity arises to pick one up and drop it off for you.

Anyone on the pre-order list heard from miners den ?

hAyyoUinAU said:
I got my Makro Gold Racer from there. I just assumed that Miners Den would of had them first seeing as how they are Minelab Only.

True

They should have them

Normally If you order something from Miners Den , they will send it from any branch

But I guess because its new

If head office ( Bendigo ) have stock they should do it freight free to Qld

Many thanks for the offer Wally, I'm thinking it would be good to get some feedback before any $$$$ change hands, once there are a few in the field the feedback should follow fairly quickly. When you are up this way with a bit of time to spare give me a call/message and we will find a bit of real estate to go have a swing over.
Cheers, SinHof.

I'm in no rush atm for the 800. I don't do relics all that often, so no rush, but would be nice to start getting some real feedback.

I am waiting for the Pro-Find 35 to get in stock though..... tsk tsk.

Soon hopefully.

Trash said:
hAyyoUinAU said:

True

They should have them

Normally If you order something from Miners Den , they will send it from any branch

Thanks for this info, this is obviously the way to go for those of us in regional areas. On the waiting list now :p.

The only dealer in Cairns is Anaconda and they only let you order stuff which is currently on their website.

hAyyoUinAU said:
I'm in no rush atm for the 800. I don't do relics all that often, so no rush, but would be nice to start getting some real feedback.

Soon hopefully.

Rang miners den today and got verbal confirmation that minelab had started to ship out to the various dealerships across the country for both the 600 and 800 . Those that are on the waiting lists get first option to purchase . However no one knows how many will be shipped out to each dealership this week though. Within a couple of weeks to a month there should be enough stock for anyone who would like to purchase one

hAyyoUinAU said:

Soon hopefully.

Saw one on the Australian Geographic shop shelves last week in Sydney. They are now stocking the go-find series as well.

they have a online shop as well with them in stock for $230

SinHof said:
Many thanks for the offer Wally, I'm thinking it would be good to get some feedback before any $$$$ change hands, once there are a few in the field the feedback should follow fairly quickly. When you are up this way with a bit of time to spare give me a call/message and we will find a bit of real estate to go have a swing over.
Cheers, SinHof.

Will do :Y:

Hi Wally69, was talking to both Adelaide and Bendigo today to confirm my position on the list and expected due date. Their response was should be in store and rolling out this thurs (fingers crossed) Depending on preorder lists each outlet will only receive between 5 & 8 machines :eek: Lucky im 5th on the list at bendigo, so they will ship one of their allocated machines to Adelaide for me. The rest will be rolled out over Feb. :|
Wally69 said:
SinHof said:
Evening Wally, long time no-see, Miners Den Sydney has a demo Equinojx if you're over that way, would be great to hear what you think; from memory there is a park close by????????

Was in Newcastle on the weekend wondering if they had a palet full to flog off at the caravan and camping show, was almost going to pay for entry just to duck in and see if they had one ready to go. Though of a potential missed opportunity occupied my mind for the entire trip back to Sydney.

Am waiting for the call Miners Den promised that hasn't eventuated yet to work out if I pick up of get it delivered. Thinking of doing some rounds of my honey holes to extract that Holey dollar with my name on it once it is unboxed. :party: :rainbow: :party: although I will drop in and have a chat to the lads to get their feedback if I find myself in Parramatta in the meantime.

Doing a bit of travel up the highway for work, so will let you know if the opportunity arises to pick one up and drop it off for you.

Anyone on the pre-order list heard from miners den ?

FNQ said:
Trash said:
hAyyoUinAU said:

True

They should have them

Thanks for this info, this is obviously the way to go for those of us in regional areas. On the waiting list now :p.

The only dealer in Cairns is Anaconda and they only let you order stuff which is currently on their website.

Give Nenad at Phase Tech a call ..................... he will ship Australia wide :Y:

I've been looking for a detector to spend my coin finds on when I get enough to upgrade.

I was thinking the Ctx 3030 but that's almost double the price of the equinox 800, I wonder if they'll be comparable.

I wonder if the equinox will be much of an upgrade over my Garrett 400i or I should just save more
For the 3030

This detecting game is hard :p

I somehow don't think a Garrett 400i will even compare to a Equinox 800.
Seems like the CTX 3030 will still be top dog for coin and relics. Saying that, the Equinox is newer technology and prices to compete.

Very simple, wait and see how the Equinox fairs versus the CTX. Once the Equinox has hit the stores, there will be a flood of videos and comparisons done

Yes its a wait and see.

But next month there should be plenty to go around for anyone that wants to buy one.

Latest posts