You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Anolphart
08 February 2018 03:41 pm

Can someone tell me what the campground is like at Tuena please?

Is it correct that it's only $5.00/night for unpowered and $10.00/night for powered sites?

Are there showers/toilets and potable water, available?

Apart from the rowdy mob from PA that frequent the place, is it fairly quiet?

NeilM
08 February 2018 04:13 pm

Last time I was there those prices were correct
Very quiet

Showers are a 5 minute walk away hot/cold
Can't remember the water as I took my own anyway.
Not too bad at all for camping

ML SDC2300, Pans

Tathradj
08 February 2018 05:19 pm

Correct.
There are a couple of water tanks for drinking water onsite. smile smile

NAPFA Committee Member,
A couple of HiBankers inc. accessories, , 4500, SDC2300, Gt1600,
Aldi, Phantom 4 Pro, A Prado 4x4, A'Van Cruiseliner and a heck
of a lot of determination.Not to mention Luck.
Most importantly, A lot of Good Honest Friends.

Tathradj
08 February 2018 05:24 pm

Red Arrows are water tanks.
Blue Arrows are showers/toilets.
You will need $1.00 coins for the showers
for hot water.
1518071083_tuena_campground.jpg

NAPFA Committee Member,
A couple of HiBankers inc. accessories, , 4500, SDC2300, Gt1600,
Aldi, Phantom 4 Pro, A Prado 4x4, A'Van Cruiseliner and a heck
of a lot of determination.Not to mention Luck.
Most importantly, A lot of Good Honest Friends.

3 users like this post: Mackka, Trash, mudgee hunter

Anolphart
08 February 2018 09:17 pm

Gee that's great value. I will detour that way next time I head south again.

Thanks guys!

DrDuck
08 February 2018 09:51 pm

The Tuena Hilton (the cricket shed) is worth considering. Has power, two fridges, is near the toilets and shower, and has plenty of room to roll out the swag or pitch a tent. Only costs $25 a night, which is very good value shared among a few prospectors!

It’s the structure at the top right of TJ’s pic.

GaryO
09 February 2018 11:10 am

The place would be a lot quiter than usual id imagine without the constant high banker groups staying.
But even when its relatively busy there is always room to set up and enjoy your space. In the unlikely event you cant get on a powered site its fine to piggy back of someone elese if you have a lead, but pay the right amount though $.
Money is paid at the general store/ pub/ bottle o, and they also supply basic groceries, frozen meat ,bread, milk and ice etc.
Great little town smile thumbsup

Oh by the way .. showers are coin operated and 1 buck for 3 minutes .

Last edited by GaryO (09 February 2018 11:13 am)

Current arsenal - Minelab Sovereign xs-2 Pro, Minelab Sterling , Fisher Goldbug2 , Minelab GPX 4500 , Homemade Banker +Yamaha pump.

Anolphart
09 February 2018 02:56 pm

GaryO wrote:

The place would be a lot quiter than usual id imagine without the constant high banker groups staying.
But even when its relatively busy there is always room to set up and enjoy your space. In the unlikely event you cant get on a powered site its fine to piggy back of someone elese if you have a lead, but pay the right amount though $.
Money is paid at the general store/ pub/ bottle o, and they also supply basic groceries, frozen meat ,bread, milk and ice etc.

Hmmm, are you suggesting that the high banker crowd are rowdy in the park or are they just noisy whilst they're using their high bankers in the creek?

My van is pretty well set up for self sufficient living, but sometimes it can be nice to run a heater on a winter's night.

I'm looking forward to checking it out.

NeilM
09 February 2018 04:51 pm

Nope I think the highbankers were simply more as it is that sort of place.
Don't think it would ever get too noisy.
It is a beautiful place to camp and have a fossick.

ML SDC2300, Pans

GaryO
09 February 2018 06:37 pm

Anolphart wrote:
GaryO wrote:

Hmmm, are you suggesting that the high banker crowd are rowdy in the park or are they just noisy whilst they're using their high bankers in the creek?

My van is pretty well set up for self sufficient living, but sometimes it can be nice to run a heater on a winter's night.

I'm looking forward to checking it out.

No i just mean quiter there as in less people . smile

Current arsenal - Minelab Sovereign xs-2 Pro, Minelab Sterling , Fisher Goldbug2 , Minelab GPX 4500 , Homemade Banker +Yamaha pump.

iamagoldenoldie2
11 February 2018 01:20 am

BUSHFIRE ALERT ,, with the electrical storms out west near Bathurst there are a few fires burning, a large one out near Hill End and another at Trunkey Creek, looked at the Rural Fire Service website today "fires near me" and there are a few out Bathurst way now , can one survive a bushfire front, I think only if your in a fire proof bunker with an air supply, bush fires travel at 50 to 100 kph that's fast, dropping burning embers in its pathway, so in the heat , there firefront has an already burning front to fuel it, did you know that the radiant heat is what kills you , picture this the fire front is coming roaring like an out of control express train say 80 kph you look up and see the flames approaching, you have time to make a crow call , then your dead, the radiant heat can kill you at nearly 200 metres , 40,000 watts thats a lot of heat , I did not mention the smoke , the only safe place is a bunker with air or no where near the fire front, jump into a dam or stream, can you breathe underwater and will the dam or stream water boil, and the car will be like an oven, 40 degrees up to 300 degrees for 3 minutes thats what you have to think about to survive whats your plan if you get caught out ?

the only positive result from a bushfire is the ground cover is gone so it will be a good area for detecting

Last edited by iamagoldenoldie2 (11 February 2018 01:21 am)

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site