New member SE Melbourne suburbs

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all!
I'm about to start in on the world of detecting. Found my way here by looking for Yarra river tributary spots for some detecting.
I have been researching detectors for a while and was going to purchase a 705 dual coil package until I heard about the Equinox. They are due to come out this week so might take that route as an intro machine with extra purchases to allow for panning flour gold.
I look forward to joining an active community and let the learning process continue!

Welcome Slipperyduck!!! I wish you all the luck, I'm a newbie just like you. Well; I've had a couple of swings thus far and any sound the machine makes other than an ambient hum makes my heart jump. It's great fun, cheers mate!!!

Thanks all.
Looking forward to starting my ring pull and can collection, with a side of sunburn.
I'll leave the "what's best" chat until I've had a go and need to specialize. Lot's of good info in the forums to answer the basics.

1518347817_welcome9.jpg

Hey mate, the 705 was my first detector. Great coin and relic machine. Being a VLF it doesn't handle the gold fields that well, the Garrett at Pro is another great beginner detector thats a bit easier to use than the 705 and is fully waterproof, But the 705 has more coil options so really up to you and what you mainly want to look for. As for pin pointers, I have a Garrett at Pro pointer. It's tough and fully waterproof, had it 3 years and hasn't skipped a beat, but don't use it that much anymore as I'm more into gold prospecting these days.

Latest posts