5 Year project

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1518063421_b0743f4b-399e-4da4-9801-9cb95bded501.jpg
1518063437_c3f0b11f-5e61-458b-994f-2517c8eeee03.jpg
1518063451_cd15af42-7645-4a45-99ec-2e4cd774d906.jpg
1518063466_f3ac332a-0f5a-44fe-a34c-e22043645a73.jpg

Wow I cant believe how happy I was to be able to take these photos. I started this project about 5 years ago. I was keen on building my own machinery to see if I was able to pull it off. The bed is 1700mm long and 1200 wide. It is big enough to be loaded by a bobcat or excavator. I have a 7 horse power 2inch pump for water supply. There is a table vibrator under the bed to help move product down to the grizzly. The sluice is 2400mm long and 420mm wide with gold hog matting. There is scrubber, Razorback and UR matting to try to rescue as much yellow stuff as possible. I am hoping to be able to test run it in the next month or so. The down side is that my back operation is looking like preventing me from any real use of the plant :( so even if it does work I might have to get rid of it. Bugga. Anyway I had a lot of enjoyment in building it. Cheers Rick

Upload it to youtube,
Using the youtube link icon,
Copy and past the link then submit it.
This will embed the video into your message.
Would love to see a video of the plant in operation. :Y: :Y:

malri_au said:
the plastic piping worries me a bit,welded would be the go with something this heavy duty? hell of a protojig though,i like where its going!
I was going to go down that road but I decided on pvc simply because its so much easier to repair. I would probably upgrade down the track if I kept it but time wil tell

Simmo said:
Looks a lot different to when I saw it in the Shed mate!!
Yeah mate that was early days. I am pretty confident it will do a reasonable job. I have that mat in my power sluice/highbanker and it stops very fine gold. :Y:

Rockhunter62 said:
Hey Rick,

You never know but Gary up at the Golden Spear might like it. :Y: :Y: :Y:

Cheers

Doug
Thanks Doug Ill keep it in mind.
It would be pretty good for that gold up there I think. Im pretty keen on a test but my back is not up to it yet.

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=951TKy1zB4E[/video]
Gday guys Im not sure if Ive done this right. Fingers crossed. :)

No joy with the video :N: says it's not available keep trying to work it out though I'm keen to see it. The project looks the goods congratulations on achieving your base goal :Y: just the photos make me want one. Funnily enough I've got a similar idea the only difference is 2 cubes of water on the trailer.

Thanks tgw and Jaros. That would be a great test run Jaros. It would give a bit of incentive for everyone. Tgw I would like to give it a run soon but getting time is the key. :/ thanks for the offer. I might be able to see simmo and try it out on the June trip

Latest posts