Smokey Quartz In The Black Springs Area.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like the whole thing is a big opaque crystal. You can kind of see whats left of a termination at the top of the second picture? Maybe Im just seeing what I want to believe

Mick here , does anyone have an idea of what it could be because there is a much bigger piece still in the ground behind the one I dug out, I had no light left and I'm going back tomorrow ,Sunday.think I need to take crowbar this time.

Micky Marlon's said:
Mick here , does anyone have an idea of what it could be because there is a much bigger piece still in the ground behind the one I dug out, I had no light left and I'm going back tomorrow ,Sunday.think I need to take crowbar this time.

MickyM - you have extracted a massive piece of quartz reef, good for ornamental garden edging and admiring th brilliance of nature.

Smokey Quartz will grow in pockets that form in the reef, in the photo below, you can see the bedrock, white quartz reef and the smokey crystals that grow out of it.

In areas further west, gold will form instead of smokey Quartz, Hill End is known for the Hoterman Nugget that is actually a mass of gold formed within a Quartz reef.

Hope this helps you on your journey of discovery

1517624431_image.jpg

Latest posts