MAKRO KRUZER SERIES information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Feature set of the Kruzer is somewhere between Racer 2 and Impact.

Impact will still be the premium model in terms of features, but waterproof to 5m is the Kruzer's big selling feature!

lewy said:
so will this be the end of the gold racer.i am thinking so.

Only time will tell, but I am thinking so too.

Performance, balance, etc. remains to be seen with the Gold Kruzer.
One thing it has up it's sleeve is if it starts raining you don't have to run to the car!
The other thing is, any unit that is waterproof is also dust proof. This is one big thing I like about the AU Gold Finder over the Gold Racer.

Also, and what I do with my GPZ, CTX etc. is when it gets too dirty I just hose it off. Gives it that crispy clean look, apart from the character building scratches haha.

But back to the Gold Kruzer, looks like a couple of new things in Tone Break, and iSat / iMask have been separated - very nice!
The other thing that is quite intriguing is Micro mode.....hmmmmm

1516947420_kruzer_close_up.jpg

Not much mention about the E.U.D Function? I thought this would of been a Big selling point also due to a lot of high frequency detectors not getting a great deal of depth!.

dirtdiggin said:
Not much mention about the E.U.D Function? I thought this would of been a Big selling point also due to a lot of high frequency detectors not getting a great deal of depth!.

What EUD actually is has not yet been presented by Makro, but I think it may be to do with improved detection of fringe targets in mineralised soils.

Mick Cov said:
Very keen to see the results of the goldfield test.
Will be interesting to see how it performs compared to the gold racer which I did ok with on the gold.

The moment we have stock I'll be out with one giving it a go. :Y:

Looking forward to that.
With the gr at 56 kHz and the Kruzer at 61 would you expect them to be similar in their performance on the goldfields?
It looks user friendly too which I also found with the gr after breaking it in and getting used to how it operates.
Like that its water proof too.

Since E.U.D. will not work in GEN and Beach Mode when using the Kruzed, it is likely to gain a little extra depth in Disc. modes at the expense of changing the tone ID's into a single tone.

Mick Cov said:
Looking forward to that.
With the gr at 56 kHz and the Kruzer at 61 would you expect them to be similar in their performance on the goldfields?
It looks user friendly too which I also found with the gr after breaking it in and getting used to how it operates.
Like that its water proof too.

Yes I would expect they would be very similar, but hopefully the Gold Kruzer is even better.

The Impact had more refined audio over the Racer 2. I also found the Au Gold Finder to have a touch more stability and clarity of signal over the Gold Racer, so I hope they've used the Au Gold Finder circuit as a base for the Gold Kruzer.

The multi frequency looks like a replica of the Impact without the mineralisation meter which is a must in the GT as when it reads 90% there is a higher chance of finding nuggets.Not as many features and modes as the Impact but that can be a good thing as well as bad. On the Impact you have two ID scales for different modes and on start up it will utilise the standard 14 Khz scale.When using 20 Khz for gold you need to change the scale to standard so it will give a greater spread of ID,s between iron and gold and not cause you to make a wrong call based on ID,s.I expect the same problem with the multi frequency Kruzer. The 61 Khz Gold Kruzer would not GB at 80 to 90 % mineralisation so would be useless in parts of the GT. I would have liked to see a 19 Khz model like the Racer 2 solely for prospecting in the GT with about 6 modes and a lot lighter than the Impact and of course waterproof against rain.

The multi frequency model is of course much more versatile as you can hunt for nuggets in winter and go beach detecting in summer for silver coins and relics. I am taking mine overseas to detect river beaches on Europe's longest river.This plan was devised only after I bought the Impact so in hindsight I got two detectors in one.

Latest posts