Cairns Quartz Crystals

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have seen photos of some beautiful clear quartz crystal clusters from the Cairns region. I am heading up that way with the missus tomorrow for the long weekend. Does anyone know if there are any areas accessible to the public that we are allowed to go and fossick for some crystals please?

Cheers

Pete

not sure really but i know there is heaps of quartz on the hill behind rex lookout on the way to port douglas with a few crystals in the mix. suss out creeks round there...hot and steep though.

phantom83 said:
Hi everyone, I have seen photos of some beautiful clear quartz crystal clusters from the Cairns region. I am heading up that way with the missus tomorrow for the long weekend. Does anyone know if there are any areas accessible to the public that we are allowed to go and fossick for some crystals please?

Cheers

Pete

Hey Pete, you are probably up here right now and thankful that the rea rain hasn't hit..... YET! (Wait 'til tomorrow!!!)
Anyway, I'm not much of a rockhound, (my ol'man was..) but I found this, dunno if it will help Bud???
http://www.lapidaryworld.com/maps_QLD.html

Latest posts