Fortunefinder 8000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Highway1

Max Ellery
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have just bought (not for a great deal of money) a Fortunefinder 8000 made by Linear Electronics Australia. The detector is VLF from the early 1980's I think, 5 adjustable knobs including discrimination, a toggle switch on the front of the handle. The coil is a 10inch and I think it might be similar to a Whites 5000 10inch coil.

It needs a little TLC but I am sure I can get it to work to a point. There is no manual to help setting it up, so that is a little challenging.
If anyone out there knows anything about these detectors, I would love to hear from them, how good they are or are not? Also if someone has a manual with information that would be great.

Thankyou in anticipation.

Cheers

They came out with a sticker on both side of the housing that (explained in few words) and a picture with preset settings of knobs and toggle switches.

Hi,
MSG: Thanks for information and your thoughts on the FortuneFinder 8000. I have searched those links and I have a copy of "Metal Detecting for Gold & Relics in Australia" on order.

nesral: The housing of my detector does not have any stickers on it all, wish it did.

I am hoping it get it working as best as possible and perhaps use it for coin and relic detecting, I think it would be alot of fun in the right areas.

Still hoping for more information.

Cheers

Hi all.. new to the forum.. I was given one of those old Fortunefinder 8000's made by Linear Electronics.. could never get it work.. interesting to hear back from Highway1. to see how he went with his.. may be all in the settings.

Latest posts