Would this Beat the new NSW regulations on Highbanking

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RM Outback said:
You'd only need a trailer and access to the water source then set up in a suitable spot. Cart the container/s in empty. Worth looking into the regs to clarify the pump connection or is it the drafting of water to the high banker. I see it like tax legislation a new regulation sometimes creates a new loop hole if you look into enough. If there is a loop hole and it makes you legal go for it because if any regulator in a personal capacity high banks you can bank on it they'll use it every day of the week. If the ban is based on the drafting of water to the banker I'm pretty sure the wording want apply to filling a container. If this is the case then it could be deemed a gray area IE loop hole that could (edit) allow you to operate.
Not wanting to encourage yeh or nah but if ai was doing that I would look at a 1000lt bladder. Save carting a big tank around.

sorry to inform you its MECHANICAL illegal in nsw as is any MECHANICAL DEVICES CREATED , unless grey area as a hand tool ?? :pickshovel:

1615161702_river.jpg

I'm not sure if we'd get away with it in WA. A visiting mines department inspector told me that a river sluice is illegal in WA. I've not had the reason the check it out but he might have just been pulling my leg at the time :)

An idea I saw in Canada for washing, a length of plastic hose put in the fast flow area upstream will give you enough pressure to get a go flow going to use a sluice, the faster the flow the longer the hose the better.

Jemba said:
yep that would work :Y: As Whisp has stated there is no ban on highbankers. The ban is on the motorised pumps.
This was reinforced recently by the NSW Resource Regulator locally.
A person caught with a highbanker & pump, hoses etc. had the water pump + associated accessories seized but was apparently left with the highbanker (which is basically just a sluice with no pump attached).
Unsure if he was fined or given a court order - there was more than one offence? Nothing on NSW Resources about it as yet but have seen it confirmed by the person involved on YouTube. He was spewing they took the pump because he'd borrowed it off a mate. :argh:

Latest posts