Different coils and their effects???

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ive just bought a minelab gold monster 1000 and it has 2 coils one round 5in coils and one oval coil.
Can someone explain in detail what each of these of these coils do differently exactly and how the size and depth of gold i can find?
Thanks

The difference in the coils should be the same as any others. The bigger the coil the deeper but less sensitive to small gold.

I've seen on facebook the more successful people seem to stick with the 5" round probably because they should get less ground noise.

The gold size they seem to be aimed at is the super small sub .05g in the first few inches that most serious pulse induction detectors miss. Of course if you walk over anything decent within 8 inches it will prob find that too.

I'd stick to real shallow ground and diggings.

Larger coils can loose depth on a VLF/LF due to ground mineralization, So sometimes you will find that a small concentric will often go deeper and find smaller nuggets because the coil is not seeing as much of the ground so it does not get overloaded with "Noise" from mineralized ground, In most cases a 6" round concentric will see deeper that a 6x10" DD and when it comes to tiny bits what the 6x10 will see at 1" the 6" concentric will see at 2 to 3 inches, The 6x10 is the "go to" coil but the smaller round coils are very hot on Tiny Gold.

hope that helps.

J.

Latest posts