CTX madness 2018

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First off today I hit the little beach next to Manly wharf where the ferries come in, managed a Pandora silver ring there and about $10, water was rough and you almost could have surfed the waves in the harbour, the waves were coming up over most of the beach at high tide so I moved on. Then I went back to Jackpot beach to look for the other half of that nice ring from yesterday to no avail, hunted high and low, waited for the tide to go out a bit, there was a bit of a swell and I even got in the water up to my knees, no gold ring...... :( Though I did manage to get a ring spill up on the dry sand, 3 rings all very close together, someone must have shaken their towel off with their rings on it. :|

So not a bad hunt again today, 4 silver rings and 30 something dollars.

1516073874_img_20180116_141506.jpg

1516073874_img_20180116_141808.jpg

1516073875_img_20180116_141848.jpg

Got me wondering too mate, I'm pretty sure it's not there though, I absolutely scoured every millimetre of the area where i got that piece yesterday, I might get back down there on a really low tide for a look but I'm really not confident I'll find it. Even yesterday I really gave the spot a thorough clean out.
They might have only lost part or only had one part.... A mystery for sure.

You're smashing it out mate....Weather here has been wet with today and the rest of the week being forecast for hot weather....I'll find out on Thursday Night if the beaches are plentiful... :) :Y:

Edit: Very very nice..... :) :Y:

Heatho said:
Another day another beach, this time between, Nth Steyne and Sth Steyne just wander, did a bit of gridding, soooo many people about, was extremely busy. I think I found the god of goldies....... :lol:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/487/1516248378_img_20180118_142832.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/487/1516248378_img_20180118_142904.jpg

Mmmm I have been following your thread and I always see you getting many goldies and other great stuffs! More people are drunk in your area!?!?!? I hardly find anything in Melbourne beach! :eek:

Well done mate - let me sprinkle additional pixie dust to bring them gold rings under your detector - well deserved and very nice finds! I am off on a trip across the country and up the coast (Syd/Bris/Cairns) in the month of March so I hope some of those beaches show some gold ... haven't been for a swing in ages!

Bogan says G'Day and is doing well - got married last April and has been a bit busy since! :)

Paulmarr said:
Well done mate - let me sprinkle additional pixie dust to bring them gold rings under your detector - well deserved and very nice finds! I am off on a trip across the country and up the coast (Syd/Bris/Cairns) in the month of March so I hope some of those beaches show some gold ... haven't been for a swing in ages!

Bogan says G'Day and is doing well - got married last April and has been a bit busy since! :)

Cheers mate, your pixie dust is greatly appreciated. :D

Good on Bogan, hope his missus lets him out detecting occasionally, congratulations to him. :Y:

If your on the North side of Sydney let me know if you're keen to hit a beach or 2 for a swing, would be nice to meet you.

caparobertsan said:
Heatho said:
Another day another beach, this time between, Nth Steyne and Sth Steyne just wander, did a bit of gridding, soooo many people about, was extremely busy. I think I found the god of goldies....... :lol:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/487/1516248378_img_20180118_142832.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/487/1516248378_img_20180118_142904.jpg

Mmmm I have been following your thread and I always see you getting many goldies and other great stuffs! More people are drunk in your area!?!?!? I hardly find anything in Melbourne beach! :eek:

Cheers Capa, keep at it mate, plenty of finds to be made out there, hit the busiest beaches mate.

Cheers everyone. :Y: :Y:

Lotta coin Heatho... no fives mate ?.... sure your looking hard enough ?... could be missing more than those ! :eek:
nice finds though !
:Y: :cool: :Y:

Latest posts