Cryptocurrency mega thread

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My etoro copy trades are still struggling to get back to even ground. I had no trouble verifying several accounts with everything signed up and operational within minutes. I joined BTC to buy ETH and Ripple but I'm still waiting Ripple it to hit my buy price. Then I've been looking at a few cheepies but they are all spread over different exchanges. I've joined IDEX because of some of the horror stories on other exchanges but tonight IDEX is closed as well.

No time for prospecting now ]:D

the fluctuations are nuts ay.!!
I'm waiting for a slight dip upwards again and I'm guna jump in on the game and hopefully catch them low enough to ride em as prices hopefully return to similar a month ago....or lose as they slide down again haha.
Couple of the cheaper coins up 2-300% a month back, down to only 50 now. If they return back up that's a quick easy profit... if it works :)

Keitzy said:
I'm waiting for a slight dip upwards again and I'm guna jump in on the game and hopefully catch them low enough to ride em as prices hopefully return to similar a month ago....or lose as they slide down again haha.
Couple of the cheaper coins up 2-300% a month back, down to only 50 now. If they return back up that's a quick easy profit... if it works :)

Yes! It's a great time to buy. Fortunately the BTC I bought was at a low price eairlier this week so have escaped the carnage and sitting only 4.5% lower at the moment. That's partly because of Coinspot rigidity. It dropped below 15K on other Australian markets.
Yep, some of those other coins are looking good. Unfortunately my unmissable cash limit has been spent.

Mr Magoo said:
Keitzy said:

Yes! It's a great time to buy. Fortunately the BTC I bought was at a low price eairlier this week so have escaped the carnage and sitting only 4.5% lower at the moment. That's partly because of Coinspot rigidity. It dropped below 15K on other Australian markets.
Yep, some of those other coins are looking good. Unfortunately my unmissable cash limit has been spent.

You're right it is a good time to buy....ETH ;)

I bought ETH and Ripple but spent some of my ETH on BDG. Mrs M has bought ETC but has her mind set on spending most of her's on some cheaper ones as well. At this point most are still falling. The one copy trade I'm following is edging ahead but the crypto fund is crashing badly. If it ever makes it back into the green I'll be out before the next crash.

No safe place to shift outwards from my positions, and the downward trend continues.

Definitely not a ride for the faint hearted the old crypto rollercoaster, so I will wait it out, and with a bit of luck get in on some BTC for alt coin buys at a bargain price. With Aud trading higher against USD and lower BTC values you get more holdings for less.

It's human nature to want to "get out" when these events come along, but I steadfastly refuse personally to lock a loss, crypto moves so fast day to day, week to week. I was waiting for the chorus of the doomsday predictors to come along, perhaps they've lost interest.

There are only 2 cryptos in the green on coinspot today. I bought GAS the other day, it went up 33% then went down 20%, then went up 22% now down 33%...... OIh well, I'll wait it out as well, I reckon when they go back up they will do it very quickly. The doomsdayers could be right but so could I. :)

... or they'll drop right down to peanuts and explode ten fold the current prices once regulation starts... who's a gambling man.? Sure beats the pokies reguardless

My son loaded up and bought bought bought.....He's doing well and is not fazed by the falls and neither am I.....They say all of that so that the price falls enough for them to buy in and then reports later on in the month or months will say they're not banning it causing a huge spike and interest again pushing the coins to higher levels....

golddiggerart said:
My son loaded up and bought bought bought.....He's doing well and is not fazed by the falls and neither am I.....They say all of that so that the price falls enough for them to buy in and then reports later on in the month or months will say they're not banning it causing a huge spike and interest again pushing the coins to higher levels....

That was my line of thinking as well, I just don't have the balls to buy in right now. I'm just watching the market for that slight hint of a push upwards again to buy in. Alerts set at a price I'm happy to spend at...and lose at :)

Well at least I made a small amount of money on Bitcoin in the last couple of days. Can't complain.

Just had to start with a large amount of money.

golddiggerart said:

I agree and did buy more this morning right at the bottom, things then powered along but are slowly dropping back. Will hold what I've got for the time being and see how it goes.

It's an interesting concept. Unless a global ban comes (unlikely) then the volatility will soon subside. I say unlikely as the list of crypto backers (big American business) would lobby to keep as much global access to their crypto concepts as they could.

Anyone know anyone in S Korea or Japan? I bet there's some cheap crypto holdings to be brought for cash smh.

As long as the ATO is interested in taxing me I think of my holdings as a citizen as "safe". If they tax me on the gains then it stands to reason I can offset my losses right? If so I see it as win/not lose arrangement.

The more I ponder on it the more it seems logical to buy in. Crypto has historically had its corrections, and I see this as no different.

Saturday I will double down, hopefully it's a nice sea of red still.

Latest posts