Golddiggerart - Detector finds...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7.62marksman said:

They might call those self defence rings but those are inclined to break your own fingers more than breaking cheekbones of the person you are pacifying

Rings for that purpose should have a wide top to spread the impact over a larger area of your finger , the old skull types worked well because they had the wide band except they did sometimes roll over to one side during impact due to the skull being so high .

the grim reaper ones worked better because they had a flat front and you could smack harder without hurting your knuckles.

:cool:

pete165 said:
Can't blame you for that. Hope your watching the cricket with a tinny or two.

I don't watch TV or any kind of sports anymore Pete, I have kiddies to keep me entertained and Youtube Detecting Channels, also Gold shows... :)

Anyway I couldn't resist a quick dig at the local beach only 5 minutes away.... There wasn't a lot because of all the rain we've had and the beach
cleaner did a good job...The dunes were the go and I pulled out a Two Pound coin woop woop, also got a beaut Silver Ring has 925 and then on
the other side it has a P or d? Not sure what that Hallmarking is.... :)

1515934953_26903939_10211204391854384_6772080274656527990_n.jpg

1515934971_26734415_10211204390334346_7692536969162472416_n.jpg

1515934994_26805333_10211204390974362_797875927732130291_n.jpg

The running total 11 Rings - 2 Gold, 3 Silver, 5 Junkers, 1 Toe Ring and $244.20 All the best and good hunting. :) :Y:

Heatho said:
Well done mate, top hunt for a quickie. Trying to decide where I'm going to go today. :Y:

Cheers mate....While out I did see someone asleep in a sleeping bag underneath the Surf Life Saving Clubs Building....I dunno what's going on here in Frankston but I do know I've been seeing a lot more (Homeless?)....
When I do see them I have a chat with them just to let them know they are not invisible and I can see them.
I know quite a few people who are helping in their own way with Meals, Clothing, Blankets and stuff so there is some support.

As for going somewhere today, get in the car and drive... :) :Y:

Your a good man gda.... and a great hunter !
:Y: :cool: :Y:
I gotta get under my car today n play with gaskets n bolts..... better grab a few spare bolts from the wreckers first, n some more oil.
maybe I should sneak my detector in :lol:

silver said:
Your a good man gda.... and a great hunter !
:Y: :cool: :Y:
I gotta get under my car today n play with gaskets n bolts..... better grab a few spare bolts from the wreckers first, n some more oil.
maybe I should sneak my detector in :lol:

Cheers mate, and sneaking the detector in sounds good. :) :Y: There's a Sovereign out there with your name on it..... ;)

As silver stated, you are a good man GDA and becoming a very proficient hunter. When i go to the city i like to take a walk down the mall and suss out the homeless. Even when i'm skint i find enough money to ensure they get a nice meal and coffee, most everyone shuns them, whereas i'll sit awhile, have a chat and listen to their story. My missus has the same compassion for those doing it tough. Anyways, love your posts and watching your skill level grow, good hunting my friend. Reg.

Secret Squirrels said:
As silver stated, you are a good man GDA and becoming a very proficient hunter. When i go to the city i like to take a walk down the mall and suss out the homeless. Even when i'm skint i find enough money to ensure they get a nice meal and coffee, most everyone shuns them, whereas i'll sit awhile, have a chat and listen to their story. My missus has the same compassion for those doing it tough. Anyways, love your posts and watching your skill level grow, good hunting my friend. Reg.

Cheers Reg...I am hoping to get a full days detect tomorrow morning at one of my favourite spots... :) :Y:

The addiction is ever present when you've not been out for a week....Well it seems like a week, I did manage to get out for a quick swing during the week of around 15 - 20 minutes....Saturday I had a good 3 hour swing, all of my spots had been hit, that's what happens when you've not been detecting much....
Managed to get some coinage but no rings, gotta be on my game with all the new detectorists I've been seeing and meeting.
I never managed to do much gridding as I wasn't feeling at my best....

The British must be invading because two weeks in a row one of those coins have shown up... :D

1516538120_26993449_10211252516857479_2541142884302825625_n.jpg

1516538176_26904009_10211252517257489_9084712416774006868_n.jpg

The running total for 2018 - 11 Rings - 2 Gold, 3 Silver, 5 Junkers, 1 Toe Ring and $277.45 All the best and good hunting. :) :Y:

I remember years and years of not seeing any other detectorists.... and being the one n only, first on site everywhere I went.
(It's just a pitty that my skill level was far from complete way back then)+( and that I'd never learnt to roam). :lol:
(Well.... not with a detector in hand) :( :D

Latest posts