Revealing test of Nokta Impact outperforms CTX, Deus and AT Gold/Pro.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OldGT said:
Quite possibly nuts, thanks for asking....not the resident nutter on here though....

Monster post on Facebook....50+ pieces of gold.....proves one of two things conclusively, either the Monster is a bloody great machine, or, any vlf in the right hands will produce.

I'm happy to wait for the virgin piece on your Impact though Rob. Got nothing but time fella.

I don't own one but the Monster is a great Machine, I have seen dozens of nuggets found with the GM-1000 in the past 6 months alone, Dare I say It :eek: even the Impact will find Gold in skilled hands.

And from all accounts the Equinox is on Par with the GM, and as a Coin hunter the EQ has been doing very well indeed. I think I see a GM in my future as I have my preferred VLF but I need an LF machine so hopefully that's the plan,

J.

Either way most sane people would think we are nuts or mugs to devote so much time and effort not to mention money to our hobby for such small gain .I was called a mug by one of my friends in 1980 and yet I had found 6 ozs in total and had lots of fun doing it.Needless to say I never wanted to see him again.He was a restauranter but leased premises and last I heard I think he went broke.My brother in law was a restauranter who lost everything..Statistically they have a 90% chance of going broke so who is the mug.
I have only spent 40 hours all up detecting this year with no luck, but luck is a fickle master of us all and things could change next winter.Lets hope so.
There are a lot of stirrers on this forum like you and anyone with an Impact is fair game. I think that is why Phase Tech dropped it on his comments and Maldon Gold Detectors got spooked and has left the site. Seems all the stirrers have made an impact on the Impact and it is now virtually dead on this forum which was what you wanted.
All these negative comments on the Impact does not spook me as I am a tough and hardened digger from the old days and don't walk away from a stoush. I was brought up in Brunswick in the 1950,s going to state schools there and I was the tallest at every school and never lost a fight.

RR That's pure fantasy.I have been on that forum and many others in the US and no one has ever tested the Impact in Nevada except you know who and only divulged this information to me because I prodded it and it got angry due to its thin skin.It also doesn't like getting beaten that's why it told me.I also told it it was a pity that it did not write a report about the Impact. I am now fully convinced it was a cover up as it made US detectors look bad. And also the weight issue with the Impact is pure BS as a few grams would not justify not using it in goldfields seeing it is streets ahead of other detectors like the Racer Gold in highly mineralised ground.I can only conclude it is disabled and only detects low mineralised ground in Nevada.

oldtimerROB said:
Thanks madtuna,its nice of you to wish me a happy new year, and best wishes for you in 2018 and lots of luck finding the right stuff. Maybe we can organise a detecting trip in 2018. Cheers,Rob.

Many thanks mate, would have been keen for a catch up but unfortunately I've already booked in for a hair cut and just can't change the date sorry. :(

You're like a junkyard dog with a bone mate.....You keep bagging everything and promoting the Impact. Then get a bee in your bonnet if someone dares to suggest anything other than an Impact would be supreme under the conditions you are/will be detecting in.

If a bloke chooses to use a pi pinpointer on the end of a broomstick in the GT or Nevada or anywhere else in the world then I say good on him, no skin off my nose. Or cycle across Australia after flying out from Overseas in Summer out to make a fortune detecting in WA, be my guest. If someone produces a wind up toy which never seems to fail I'm cheeky enough to turn the key.

P.S. I think you had a reach advantage in Primary school being the tallest....Just saying.

Im new here but it seems to me that the true test would be to match blokes who each know their particular machine against each other under the same conditions. Simples. Or not?

oldtimerROB said:
RR That's pure fantasy.I have been on that forum and many others in the US and no one has ever tested the Impact in Nevada except you know who and only divulged this information to me because I prodded it and it got angry due to its thin skin.It also doesn't like getting beaten that's why it told me.I also told it it was a pity that it did not write a report about the Impact. I am now fully convinced it was a cover up as it made US detectors look bad. And also the weight issue with the Impact is pure BS as a few grams would not justify not using it in goldfields seeing it is streets ahead of other detectors like the Racer Gold in highly mineralised ground.I can only conclude it is disabled and only detects low mineralised ground in Nevada.

Like it or not, those who tested it preferred the Gold Racer so they lost interest in the impact, a shame yes, but a Fact just the same. Either way they chose another Nokta machine to be their weapon of choice. WHY,, Simples. They prefer to have a lighter machine with a much higher frequency where they are not paying for a lot of Extras/features that they will never use.

This forum is about democracy where people drive Ford's Holden's Toyota's Nissan's Mitsubishi's Land Rovers and Jeep's etc, and they use Minelabs, Nokta's Garrett's XP's White's C-Scope's and the list goes on. The CTX or XP etc are both Tier 1 Machines. The GPX and the SDC will dwarf the impact in the GT ,

There has "NOT" been any cover up, Quite a few American detectors have turned out to be pigs as well and so have a few Australian detectors, but that is ancient history. Nokta have made some really great machines but the impact is the first one of their machines that has not been welcomed with open arms, The impact is a good average detector nothing more,, As for the other machines a person needs to see beyond the basic advertising blurb because they really are quite clever and I can see some very specialized uses for those machines. When it comes to general detecting VLF technology reached it's peak 20 years ago and I have one VLF that is just on 30 years old that will smoke the impact when it comes to Depth and Ground cancelling,

I tried to subtly tell you this but you see any comments made as an attack, The Impact is an "OK" machine but it is nothing special and one of the biggest pains in the A$$ about it is they have renamed some of the basic functions so people don't know what they are adjusting, along with the fact they have borrowed tech from other companies and renamed it and then claimed it to be something special or unique when it's not, it came out 20 years ago and that is why people are unimpressed with the impact,

There is no cover up, people just don't want to relive the past, The Impact is an old Car with new Paint and as such there is bound to be Rust in there somewhere.

Righto, all I can say is any more rediculous claims or personal attacks and this thread will have run it's course and will probably be due to be closed.

8) Farout........

Heatho said:
Righto, all I can say is any more rediculous claims or personal attacks and this thread will have run it's course and will probably be due to be closed.

8) Farout........

It's not personal, just a detector, I admire his passion even if it is a bit misguided.

Angry words at fifty paces ..... love it, Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries

Whisp said:
Angry words at fifty paces ..... love it, Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries
1515923927_1.jpg

I like this test and would of liked to have seen a magnet stick to the rock.
VLF s suffer here badly and this Nokta is performing incredibly well.Folk are going to get a nice surprise when they see how the Equinox works on gold in minerialized ground.I can tell you ....not any better at all.Ground balancing the Equinox with hot rocks ,......good luck trying to find a clear piece of ground(In the gold fields).Not to bag the Equinox as the "OTHER" modes are excellent.Hence why i like this post."HOT ROCKS,VLF testing" is where it s at.

OldGT said:
I think the impact will struggle to match up to the might and power of the Equinox.....It's going to really turn some heads out in the Goldfields, it's going to be the best vlf ever released for nugget finding, Impact Shmpact.

I wouldnt say that.
Mine squeaks n squarks continually on hot rocks to the point you cant use it in gold mode(Reference only)looking for surface nuggets.In the WA Goldfields.

Possibly the other modes ,may have a edge on the other single frequency VLF s but i dont see the trusted performance build quality of the Deus or the Nokta going anywhere soon.People who have then and know how to run them will use them far better than most squirting accusations and in experience about.

My biggest disappointment with my EQ 800 is the cover up now from reputable sites having been influenced by the PTY to not allow truthfull potentially negative comment.
You need to read very carefully the comments of the salesman s ,the manuals ect to come to the conclusion that things have been redirected ,but "Mentioned"!
EQ 800
Gold Mode is it s weakest link

Would love to see hear more on the impact s GB ability and use in Minerized ground.

oldtimerROB said:
As I have said the Impact runs like clockwork in the fields I have detected from South of Maryborough right up to Wedderburn.Deep mode was sluggish at Wedderburn but in all the other fields it was the deepest and most powerful mode with stable ID numbers unlike the All Metal Mode which I would only use for shallow and fine gold detecting.I do all my important tests with a gold specimen with no more than 1 gram of gold in it.DI3 at 20 Khz worked very well at Wedderburn and it picked up the 1 gram specimen at 4 inches buried with a strong signal. In all of 2017 I never had to change the default settings to compensate for the high mineralisation in the GT,so the Impact did not loose depth.With most VLF detectors you have to reduce the gain and increase the discrimination to make them GB properly and then they loose a lot of depth and are useless.Not so with the Impact.
No use speculating about the Equinox to try and drag the Impact down until until you have hard testing results like me.No BS please.
Thomas Dankowski sure was late putting out something about the Impact in hot ground.I have not read it yet but it seems it was all because of my posts on his forum about the Impact.

I find this Post very informitive and accurate and has a sense of Honest Truth.

decanfrost said:
OldGT said:
I think the impact will struggle to match up to the might and power of the Equinox.....It's going to really turn some heads out in the Goldfields, it's going to be the best vlf ever released for nugget finding, Impact Shmpact.

I wouldnt say that.
Mine squeaks n squarks continually on hot rocks to the point you cant use it in gold mode(Reference only)looking for surface nuggets.In the WA Goldfields.

Possibly the other modes ,may have a edge on the other single frequency VLF s but i dont see the trusted performance build quality of the Deus or the Nokta going anywhere soon.People who have then and know how to run them will use them far better than most squirting accusations and in experience about.

My biggest disappointment with my EQ 800 is the cover up now from reputable sites having been influenced by the PTY to not allow truthfull potentially negative comment.
You need to read very carefully the comments of the salesman s ,the manuals ect to come to the conclusion that things have been redirected ,but "Mentioned"!
EQ 800

Would love to see hear more on the impact s GB ability and use in Minerized ground.

Don't think you'll fair any better in hot rock country with the Impact either? And this is from a lower frequency VLF. In the right locations they would probably both be ok but expecting VLF's to ignore hot rocks/highly mineralised ground is a bit much IMO. Even running the mighty GPZ too hot for the area will have you digging hot rocks (& deep ones too) + every PI I've ever owned/used, while handling this type of ground way better, has still had me dig up a hot rock or three.

oldtimerROB said:
I will hit a hot stone at Dunolly usually within a minute of starting up. You will finds hundreds in a day. I pity those PI users having to dig up everything. My Impact is very good at discriminating them out with a low tone in all metal mode. I have proved this by initially digging them all up over a 3 month period and I can safely say it is 100% accurate and no gold was left behind. However due to the few iron and nails found the statistical accuracy of gold versus iron is not as high as with hot stones,but I have enough faith in the Impact now to give up digging everything and wholly rely what it is telling me,not to mention saving my back.
Early reports suggest that you can discriminate out hot rocks with the Equinox too as they lock in at -7 or -8 on the ferrous scale. Still waiting to hear some more reports from general users though. In milder ground with a chance of gold, coins or relics it should be ok?

decanfrost said:
OldGT said:

I wouldnt say that.

EQ 800

If only there was a tongue in cheek emoji.... :rolleyes:

On a serious note have you met OTR? You'd be like two peas I reckon. Match made at Makro.

Latest posts