From zero to hero with DetectingSA

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mackka said:
I think you will find that the little coin is Saint Pio or Padre Pio, maybe.
Mackka

Yes the one with Pio is a medallion from the Catholic church. They put them onto a chain and hang them around their neck. They may even pray to him for a miracle to heal someone they love.

DetectingSA said:
I got out for hunt #10 today,

I went to a park in an old suburb in adelaide today for a few hours, i got only trash and coins.

Few bucks in spendables and an old penny:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/11609/1515761956_img_3361.jpg

Penny is from 1917 which is by far my oldest coin so that's nice even if it is pretty worn

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/11609/1515762022_img_3362.jpg

I was hoping to pluck my first silver out of the ground today but it wasn't my day! I'd definitely come back to that spot again, it's got a silver for me I know it :p

Well Done DSA , you obviously stayed and braved the rain!

Manpa said:
DetectingSA said:
I got out for hunt #10 today,

I went to a park in an old suburb in adelaide today for a few hours, i got only trash and coins.

Few bucks in spendables and an old penny:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/11609/1515761956_img_3361.jpg

Penny is from 1917 which is by far my oldest coin so that's nice even if it is pretty worn

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/11609/1515762022_img_3362.jpg

I was hoping to pluck my first silver out of the ground today but it wasn't my day! I'd definitely come back to that spot again, it's got a silver for me I know it :p

Well Done DSA , you obviously stayed and braved the rain!

It cleared up mostly, I left that original park though and went down to ththe big reserve down the road. That's were I came up with that coin :D

God I'm so addicted, I went out for an hour this arvo for hunt #11. :D

I didn't come up with much, +$0.40 to the Ctx fund :p $9 total, $2591 to go :lol:

1515913574_img_3371.jpg

Though with my penny find on my last hunt I was able to tick off my first goal:

1515913617_img_3373.jpg

Woo hoo, one down :cool:

I had the itch so I had to get out and have a swing today. It was 37 so I wasn't out there for much longer than an hour and a half for hunt # 12

Went to a local park I've been too a few times now, I'm trying to do a grid pattern up and down the field that I've seen more practiced detectorists do, to give myself the best chance of finding whatever bounty the dirts hiding! :D

As usual, a whole bunch of trash:
1516424459_img_3408.jpg

5c and another 4 coppers to add to my collection, including my 3rd ever penny which for some reason I like finding :p
Also a tiny name plate which is trash but I thought it was cool

1516424742_img_3406.jpg

I don't think the parks close to me are hoarding any silver because it's not that old of an area but you never know!
I'm still trying to find a day where I can get back down to the park I scored the 1917 penny to make it cough up my silver spill :p

Cheers, and stay cool!

Good work DSA

Nothing wrong with ACE on the dry sand paid for mine many times over I am not a dirt digger only sand for me

It will struggle on the wet and damp sand though and wont find the deep stuff but
Not everything is buried deep just turn the sensitivity down until its stable you never know your luck

Cheers MR T

Mr T said:
Good work DSA

Nothing wrong with ACE on the dry sand paid for mine many times over I am not a dirt digger only sand for me

It will struggle on the wet and damp sand though and wont find the deep stuff but
Not everything is buried deep just turn the sensitivity down until its stable you never know your luck

Cheers MR T

I might head down the the beach late Australia Day or early the next morning and try my luck!

Cheers

Went back to the same park in trying to thoroughly cover for hunt #13

Mostly coins today, didn't stay too long only had a short window to 'tect

Another bunch of coppers:

1516508782_img_3418.jpg

And this! I'm so happy I can't believe it! If you guys saw me you'd have cracked up laughing. There was lots of fist pumping and shouts of yes! Oh my god! Wooooo :D

1516508845_img_3419.jpg

My first bloody silver! I am sooooo stoked right now! Gave her a bath with some warm water:

1516508891_img_3420.jpg

Any ideas how to get the remaining crud off? Woooooooooooooo I am over the moon

its awesome getting ya 1st silver hey!, well done mate.

if you have any citric acid in the pantry put a teaspoon full in 200ml water and soak for 5 mins :Y:

that coin should clean up nice.

The funny thing is, I always walked away from the signal because it was a little jumpy. I took two steps away and then turned back and decided I should dig it just incase. And thank god I did :D

So happy! Hopefully 1 silver attracts more :Y: