Warwick Qld. information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just purchased my first gold detector (xterra 705 Gold pack) and Im after places to search around Warwick. I know that its gonna be hard with my detector but Im so keen to go give it a whirl and hopefully find some yellow. Also going to pan some gold so if anyone has any tips on areas to search. Thanks

Hi Jaros, No. That was brought by a group from china, have managers in there now, around 40mil of rain on sat/sun

After a few recent trips to duraki and talgai state forest. I reckon there is no gold out there to be found. The last trip we had 4 Minelab detectors swinging around for four days with no results. Who here has successfully found gold with their detectors out Warwick way?

From what I have read, there is gold there-just gotta research the area and read the posts put in by members, Just type either Talgai gold, Durikai gold, Thanes creek gold on the top toolbar -looks like a magnifying glass.
Jaros

Hi Duffman, what are you swinging? makes a difference out there? the gold is small and deep down - no big rain in 6 years a lot of undergrowth etc

if you rake a patch in the known area it will also help, Im out at Karara every second weekend staying at the Tavern -- pop in for a beer and willing to tell a few stories and point you in the right direction

ward69

Took me about dozen trips and got pissed off with sdc. But only found out I was me. Low and slow if your covering a football oval in 1/2 day you are going to fast. It takes about a week to cover that ground. Then your still missing some because of Tree, logs or plant Ps. Don't wear steel cap boots like me. That makes it harder.

Just waiting for approval from committee of oval, but will be setting upa testing course near the train station to help the newbies, what difference in lead, wire, etc and different depths. Hopefully in a few weeks.

I have found gold there with both an SDC and the GPZ.

I also know of a guy who filled a pan full of nuggets from detecting the GPA's when they first opened up all those years ago.
There was a photo of it on the wall at Lost Treasures in Brisbane. Amazing gold of all sizes.

So all the easy stuff went long ago. And the patches were hammered hard. As expected, especially with such easy access.

What remains is the hard to get to stuff. And deep quiet signals that can easily be missed if not wearing headphones and if you are running your machine too aggressive.

Good luck

Ward69 said:
Hi Duffman, what are you swinging? makes a difference out there? the gold is small and deep down - no big rain in 6 years a lot of undergrowth etc

if you rake a patch in the known area it will also help, Im out at Karara every second weekend staying at the Tavern -- pop in for a beer and willing to tell a few stories and point you in the right direction

ward69
Hey ward myself and my mum have a gpz 5000 and both my brother's had got a Gpx7ooo that would be fantastic as we all have the bug and having something to detect so close would be awesome. Sounds like we would get along well we all love beer

Jaros said:
From what I have read, there is gold there-just gotta research the area and read the posts put in by members, Just type either Talgai gold, Durikai gold, Thanes creek gold on the top toolbar -looks like a magnifying glass.
Jaros
I think that's why people still head out there detecting smoke and mirrors filled disappointment

Ward69 said:

ward69
I came across some old working on the western side of the big tower in durikii that's was the best ground I found the whole trip that was late in the day on our last day also found a old crop that was netted by chicken wire ...plants were long gone

Ward69 said:

ward69
I came across some old working on the western side of the big tower in durikii that's was the best ground I found the whole trip that was late in the day on our last day also found a old crop that was netted by chicken wire ...plants were long gone

Ward69 said:
Took me about dozen trips and got pissed off with sdc. But only found out I was me. Low and slow if your covering a football oval in 1/2 day you are going to fast. It takes about a week to cover that ground. Then your still missing some because of Tree, logs or plant Ps. Don't wear steel cap boots like me. That makes it harder.

Just waiting for approval from committee of oval, but will be setting upa testing course near the train station to help the newbies, what difference in lead, wire, etc and different depths. Hopefully in a few weeks.
Copy that sounds like going to have to put n more time.

There's a lot of things out there we don't talk about , just walk the other way. I'm back on 26th of Oct.

Latest posts