Brand spanking newbie.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, we are a recently retired ( due to wife's Parkinson) mid 50s couple who have decided we are going to enjoy life whilst we still can and travel this wonderful country.
Just today I purchased a Minelab Xterra 705 Dual Pack, headphones and a Little Brother Pick from bluejeansronald, and for us it will be about some exercise in the bush and the thrill of the chase, plus the history behind any relics we may be fortunate enough to find.
It's a stinker in Adelaide today, but I'm sure we will do some practice in the backyard tomorrow and start to learn the intricacies and settings of our detector.
Hopefully we will see some of you out and about.
:) :) :)

Hi welcome mate
1515222401_19.jpg

Hi Mate welcome to the forum. Hope you and the wife get to enjoy plenty of quality time together.

Welcome! The X-terra 705 was my first detector also, great little that found plenty of coins and even the odd ring. Enjoy :)

Hey Ma n Pa, I loved the Kettles a truly great show. Welcome and best wishes to you and the wife.
What ya doin Pa, well Ma , every job needs a supervisor and that's what I do best!
Mackka

Welcome. I don't think practicing in the back yard will work as you will have too much interference from power sources and pipes etc. You need an open area like a park or the beach to check your settings and practise with. Good luck Manpa. :Y: