You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

davent
06 January 2018 06:05 pm

mbasko wrote:

Still finding the odd bit here & there Dave but not getting out near as much as I'd like.
It'll do me for now but still not 100% confident in it yet. Still waiting for Minelab to release a lightweight, lower cost GPZ roll

Me to!

Rush
07 January 2018 02:23 pm

Gave my wife a run with my QED over the new year break and she was wrapped on how much easier it was for her to detect with it compared to my GPX.
Also as a thunder storm was approaching I was was receiving electric interference with the GPX however she was not complaining at all with the QED.
It confirms why the QED is capable of operating inside the house while the GPX only capable in Cancel mode.
Although not sure if Cancel mode on the GPX can cancel out lighting EMI from an approaching thunder storm?

mbasko
11 January 2018 09:25 am

The QED does handle various EMI pretty good. Gets the odd chirp from sherics or planes but nothing compared to the GPX.
It doesn't play well in close proximity to other detectors though or at least the GPZ.
How are you finding the auto ground balance button? Tried mine again the other day (usually balance manually) but it wasn't doing anything even if I manually put the balance way out of whack? Might wait a bit to see if any more updates/upgrades eventuate & send it back.

Everything we use comes from mining or farming.

Rush
11 January 2018 03:55 pm

mbasko wrote:

How are you finding the auto ground balance button?
Tried mine again the other day (usually balance manually) but it wasn't doing anything even if I manually put the balance way out of whack?

G'day mbasko, I had no problems with my AGB button and using it towards a GB with my QED's during its last trip to the goldfield over the New Year break. I just now walked out into my backyard for another AGB test and all is good.

What I have noticed since the latest update is the GB numbers it registered once GB'd over the same ground are now lower than before the update.
For example the GB readout before the update on the same ground was in the 120 to 130 and now is in the 80 to 90.

Also since the update my QED appears smoother over the same ground and has allowed the use of a higher Gain setting than before.

2 users like this post: mbasko, davent

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site