So - what happened to Minelab Gold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
100% as above

When I offer to help someone I then don't ask them for money :rolleyes: Not so much what he did but the way he went about it was just plain WRONG
I was lucky enough when starting to get to know several GENUINE people both with 30 plus years experience and one I would say with Minelab knowledge second to non in this country :) .................. their advice and knowledge saved me a lot of money :Y: I repay them by giving them my business always ;)
The best part of all for me is I now also class both as friends :Y:

For me personally I'm sorry Tim isn't around anymore.

I know there's a lot of experienced members here who have helped many as well as myself for free and that is priceless.

With Tim (MG) I got a lot out of his video's, more than anyone else's and when the opportunity came about for paying a small monthly fee for (what I considered) great information to fast track my learning on geology, geovic & google earth as well as settings for the 4500 which I'll have very shortly.
I learn't more on detecting, researching and using the required tools in the couple of months through Tim's Patreon site than in the 3 years prior to getting on board.

I know it may not have been everyone's cup of tea, it may not have sat well with everyone that Tim asked for a few dollars a month to cover his expenses and time to give new comers the opportunity to fast track their learning but for me it was exactly what I needed to start understanding detecting and general ground reading, geology, computers tool skills etc better.

I'll have my new 4500 in a few weeks and I'll be more than happy to pay any of you guys to fast track my learning as much as Tim was.
I payed $140 for a day's lesson at Coiltek using their 4500 a few weeks back, learn't a bit and was glad I did, will probably look to book a 'one on one' at some stage in the next couple of months if I'm struggling with settings in the field (would aim to book Nenad if available) but if Tim was to get back to doing the Patreon site I would sign up tomorrow with no hesitations.

I'm not knocking the above couple of posts and just saying I recognise not everyone saw it as right but it was good for me (and I'm sure other's got their moneys worth from it).
I really appreciate the free info members or anyone is happy to pass on but I'm also prepared to pay to fast track using something to save endless hours of second guessing myself for the limited time I get to spend in the field, hope that makes sense :|

Patrick1 said:
PP, come to some of the meet ups. TONS of information to be gleaned , and here's the best part.... ITS FREE.
People helped me free of charge, so if I can help ya, I will.

Hi Patrick1, much appreciated and I do plan to start attending some meetups once the 4500 is here, I'd have jumped on the Cup Weekend trip it was a few more weeks away but would feel silly and pointless turning up this coming weekend with the Makro GR to a central Vic goldfields trip unless someone wanted a spot cleaned of iron trash before they swing the ML PI over it lol.

Seriously though, once I've got my tools sorted I'll be up for some trips :Y:

I would love to come to a members meet. If anyone would be so kind as to let me know when the next one is on I would greatly appreciate it. Cheers guys and happy hunting

RobboChasinYella said:
I would love to come to a members meet. If anyone would be so kind as to let me know when the next one is on I would greatly appreciate it. Cheers guys and happy hunting
Gpx4500 15 inch spoke evo shit load of enthusiasm clueless reading the ground