You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

bundyjd
10 January 2018 11:54 am

Does anybody know where to get spare parts for the Racer in OZ? I'm specifically after some of the rubber washers that go between the coil and lower shaft, a couple of spare coil bolts would also come in handy. I bought my Racer in January 2016 from a dealer who no longer seems to be involved in Makro gear, so not much point in asking them.

Just after Xmas I was detecting an old miners camp with my brother up in Qld when the coil basically fell off the lower shaft. I discovered the plastic bolt had snapped in half and one of the coil ears had also broken off. At the time I didn't notice that the rubber washers had also disappeared off the coil and only realised when I got home.

I was only swinging over short grass, so no idea what caused it to break. A bit of googling shows this was a problem with some of the early Racers, in fact my brothers Racer had exactly the same failure so he replaced it with a Mars MD coil.

I have messaged forum member Nokta Detectors about the broken coil so hopefully something can be done about that issue, but knowing where to get spares from would be handy.

Cheers,
John

Last edited by bundyjd (10 January 2018 11:54 am)

Whisp
10 January 2018 12:50 pm

Nenad from http://phasetechnical.com.au/ is a member here (PhaseTech) and a Nokta dealer, contact him and I'm sure he will be able to help.

NB: This post is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and are in no way to be considered flaws or defects.

Goldpick
10 January 2018 01:54 pm

As above, yes the early coils did have an issue with ears breaking, though rectified later on with a strengthened coil design. Nenad is great to deal with, so I am sure he will sort you out. smile

Prospecting gear: Used - Whites GM3, GM2, GMT, ML XT17000, ML X-Terra 305, Garrett Gold Stinger, Tesoro Vaquero, Nokta RS pinpointer, Minelab Explorer SE Pro/Etrac, Ace 250
Current - XP Deus, Makro Racer 2, Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Teknetics G2, Whites SPP, Garrett Infinium, Minelab Go-Find 60, XP MI-6, Minelab Profind, Whites Bullseye TRX, Deteknix X-pointer, Garrett AT Pointer

Ridge Runner
10 January 2018 02:26 pm

Hopefully PT can fix you up, If not let me know and I will see what I can do from over here.

J.

The Joy of being a member of H'sPA

bundyjd
10 January 2018 05:00 pm

Thanks folks, I've emailed Nenad (I think) via the contact page on his website, so we'll see how we go.

PhaseTech
Phase Technical
Phase Technical
10 January 2018 07:39 pm

I've replied to your email. Cheers

Agent for Minelab, Nokta, NuggetFinder, Makro, Detech, Deteknix/Quest - Phase Technical Website

Maldon Gold Centre
14 January 2018 09:54 pm

bundyjd wrote:

Does anybody know where to get spare parts for the Racer in OZ?

We carry a full range of spare parts and accessories for Nokta and Makro detectors at Maldon Gold Centre.

We also carry the full product range of both brands.

Maldon Gold Centre - Authorised Sales of Garrett, Nokta, Makro, XP, QED, Fisher, Bounty Hunter, Teknetics & White's.
Maldon Gold Centre - 7 Days Per Week - Best Price Guarantee - Ph: 1300 575 707

nesral
14 March 2018 01:37 pm

Maldon Gold Centre wrote:
bundyjd wrote:

We carry a full range of spare parts and accessories for Nokta and Makro detectors at Maldon Gold Centre.

If that is so it would be nice to be able to find the accessories such as Headphone adaptor, External battery holder and Waterproof headphones for the Makro Kruzers.

Normally one would just ask for availability by email, but that to is not possible since an email address is not to be found.

Maldon Gold Centre
14 March 2018 05:22 pm

nesral wrote:
Maldon Gold Centre wrote:
bundyjd wrote:

If that is so it would be nice to be able to find the accessories such as Headphone adaptor, External battery holder and Waterproof headphones for the Makro Kruzers.

Normally one would just ask for availability by email, but that to is not possible since an email address is not to be found.

You can email us at sales@maldongoldcentre.com or call on 1300 575 707, we're always happy to help.

Maldon Gold Centre - Authorised Sales of Garrett, Nokta, Makro, XP, QED, Fisher, Bounty Hunter, Teknetics & White's.
Maldon Gold Centre - 7 Days Per Week - Best Price Guarantee - Ph: 1300 575 707

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site