Undetectable GOLD!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heatho said:
Pro pointer AT operating frequency 11.5khz

Couldn't find the operating freq or the pro find 25

I doesn't surprise me that VLF pinpointers will detect those species.

Detectors like the Goldmonster, Equinox (in 40khz mode) GB2 and other high frequency VLF's would certainly detect them as well I'd say. They must just fall into the timing holes of the GPX units, I'm really interested to see if the ZED and SDC can detect them, I'll be surprised if they don't, especially if the SDC doesn't.

Looking forward to the next results BW. :Y:

The SDC originally found them but not easily. In an area thoroughly cleaned out with the 7000 I found ten 0.3 to 0.5 in a narrow line up the hill. I picked the most concentrated area and started drywashing the dirt and immediately got a lot more gold of a size that was normally detectable. I continued to work the same very small patch about 2m square for a couple of ounces over four days. It's all ugly looking gold. When placed with the shiny nuggets it looks more greenish than gold so will most likely end up in the melting pot.

1513209657_undectable_gold.jpg

On another patch, in about 1m square, in the middle of a triangular patch of calcrete about 6m x 8m x 10m I picked up a several bits around 0.5g with the GPX4500. Walking about the area I found nothing more until Mrs M turned up with the SDC and extracted another 81 bits but nothing small like we expect to get with the SDC. I'm sure there's a lot more gold there but a metal detector is not the best option to extract it. The solid 19g bit I showed in an earlier video came from under a tree about 6m away indicating that the patch may have once had a lot more larger solid gold but it too had been thoroughly worked over by bigger detectors.

Moneybox said:
Heatho said:

Detectors like the Goldmonster, Equinox (in 40khz mode) GB2 and other high frequency VLF's would certainly detect them as well I'd say. They must just fall into the timing holes of the GPX units, I'm really interested to see if the ZED and SDC can detect them, I'll be surprised if they don't, especially if the SDC doesn't.

The SDC originally found them but not easily. In an area thoroughly cleaned out with the 7000 I found ten 0.3 to 0.5 in a narrow line up the hill. I picked the most concentrated area and started drywashing the dirt and immediately got a lot more gold of a size that was normally detectable. I continued to work the same very small patch about 2m square for a couple of ounces over four days. It's all ugly looking gold. When placed with the shiny nuggets it looks more greenish than gold so will most likely end up in the melting pot.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3960/1513209657_undectable_gold.jpg

On another patch, in about 1m square, in the middle of a triangular patch of calcrete about 6m x 8m x 10m I picked up a several bits around 0.5g with the GPX4500. Walking about the area I found nothing more until Mrs M turned up with the SDC and extracted another 81 bits but nothing small like we expect to get with the SDC. I'm sure there's a lot more gold there but a metal detector is not the best option to extract it. The solid 19g bit I showed in an earlier video came from under a tree about 6m away indicating that the patch may have once had a lot more larger solid gold but it too had been thoroughly worked over by bigger detectors.

NO SUCH THING AS UGLY GOLD :mad: :mad: :mad:

The rest is all good. lol :Y:

signed up here to report on a gold nugget I received off ebay.

0.55g

VLF pin pointer won't see it,neither does the PI sd2000.

Had me questioning if it was indeed real gold until I searched and read through this thread.

It is WA gold apparently.

0.55g would usually howl as others have mentioned.

hi and welcome mate
depending on where you got it IE ebay gumtree facebook etc
if it was me i would have it tested to make sure it is real maybe a jeweler in your area
call me a snick but there are a lot of rip off people out there
however if you got it off someone on here then you should have no worries at all

hAyyoUinAU said:
Moneybox said:
Heatho said:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3960/1513209657_undectable_gold.jpg

NO SUCH THING AS UGLY GOLD :mad: :mad: :mad:

The rest is all good. lol :Y:

Was just about to say the same thing

malri_au said:
signed up here to report on a gold nugget I received off ebay.

0.55g

VLF pin pointer won't see it,neither does the PI sd2000.

Had me questioning if it was indeed real gold until I searched and read through this thread.

It is WA gold apparently.

0.55g would usually howl as others have mentioned.

I could understand pin pointer not seeing it. And maybe even the sd2000.

If you know anyone with a 2300 or a high frequency VLF would be also good to try on, as they are designed for the small stuff.

Maybe try a streak test with acid to see if it is indeed gold. A nugget would be 24k I would expect. Us Australians have lovely gold. Colour also can indicate its purity (copper mix/silver mix)

A hammer test is also a great indicator, although it will destroy the value of the nugget.

Let us know how you go and if you do any more testing on it.

hAyyoUinAU said:
Danny13 said:
This what I picked up with the 14 x9 inch evo not far from Thanes on private property , makes me wonder what I may of missed. https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...0797_fd7900b2-5a77-48bf-92c6-7184c89fb280.jpg

That is a pretty good pick up.

If you think you might of missed some, let me know when you go out next, and I can help make sure you got it all.

:p :p :p
Its a small patch and I dug a fair bit out into heshsn bags as I was running out of time . Im sure the sdc would of cleaned it up if there were smaller nuggets

something to note about the colour of gold is that it indicates purity.if it looks lighter you can almost bet it has some silver content.correct me if I'm wrong but thats been my learning.

Some may remember my pseudonym from a while back in fb gold groups, Ron Webster.

I'll have to order a streak test kit.If i find my scales i'll do an sg.

can I use a multimeter to resistivity test or do I need one of those fangle minelab resisty testers?

was just able to get it to register on the vlf pin pointer,albeit holding it right against it.similar sized gold detects from a lot further away.

I did post pics,but there appears to be some sort of post limit effect kicking in due to a new user.

-EDIT-
seems I can't post too quick or something,i'll edit here instead.

here's another pic,lighter for size comparison,the screw is to show the size of stuff that screams out on my sd2000 usually.

I can detect those screw sized stuff within an inch or so.

1517574969_img_20180202_230244.jpg

Latest posts