Queensland Durakai GPA

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just came back from Durikai, and yes there is gold out there. You just have to look a bit harder.
Found enough to pay for my fuel and maybe a bit more, have specimen to crack open and see how much it weighs.

Also, there are people doing the wrong thing out there, and if I catch them again, I will report them. Without hesitation.
There is a reason they designate areas for fossicking. I don't like greedy people at all.

I won't say anything further on the matter.

PS. It took me 3 days and over 30kms of walking to find what I did, but that is the whole part of this.
It is not just about swinging a detector over every square inch of available area, that will lead you no where but to Frustration City.

Spend some time walking the land and reading the ground and finding the areas that look ideal.
Look for areas that look like they have not been detected by every man and his son.
(Meaning you want an area that has only had 50 people detecting it over the last 2 years rather than and area that has had 500 people on it in 2 years)

GOOD LUCK PEOPLE, MAY YOU FIND HEAPS OF SHINY

Oh, and my buddy also found a sunbaker whilst we were halving lunch. Unbelievable, but luckily I have it all on film. 0.0036grams. No detector would pick it up, we tried.
Made his day.

1515461506_durikai_jan_2018_finds_pt1.jpg

When you are given a flogged area to work in, you have to work harder for the AU. But if you are persistent, you will find some.
And you will learn more about the area as you dig targets and where to look and where not to look.

Found a huge reef (not Lasseter's Reef size) unworked. Keen to go back again. That is the area where I picked up the 0.66grammer.
And as always on the last day, lol.

Good luck people. Keep hydrated if you are out and stay safe.

PS. I did not encounter one snake at all in my 3 days out. And that was dusk till dawn. Guess I made enough noise.

Nice work hAyyoUinAU!!! That looks like you dug a few holes mate!

its too hot lol!! I'm gonna wait for some cooler weather...don't know how the heck they do it in WA hahaaaa

Yeah, early morning stints are still okay, but once 11am hit, it can get pretty full on. That's when you have some lunch and find all the shady spots when detecting.

Beautiful country.

At least we have access to fresh water and a/c in the modern age. Imagine the old timers. Hardened fellas they were.

I will be out after the next batch of rain goes through, till then I have some local hunting to do.

Be good!

yea I reckon I'll do bit on the beach in between trips out to whoop whoop! Hopefully find some gold rings lol

got a ctx 3030 for the beach - much better than the zed lol...for beaches...not for Durikai haha

Howdy

A good post

Lived around Brisbane for a few years

Been out to these areas mentioned a few times

Found 1 piece .6g at the carbean rd. designated area , past the spider house on the right

Other piece I found was at Glendons , in what they call , the buffer zone .
Its a very flat open area that has been graded , pushed , etc.

In the office at Glendons. There used to be a pic on the wall of a 4 oz round ball piece found on the property about 10 years back

Is the Karara pub still open ?

Trash said:
Howdy

A good post

Lived around Brisbane for a few years

Been out to these areas mentioned a few times

Found 1 piece .6g at the carbean rd. designated area , past the spider house on the right

Other piece I found was at Glendons , in what they call , the buffer zone .
Its a very flat open area that has been graded , pushed , etc.

In the office at Glendons. There used to be a pic on the wall of a 4 oz round ball piece found on the property about 10 years back

Is the Karara pub still open ?

Great Pub and great people. Recommended

Do you still live in Brisbane?

Gday Hayyou ,

Currently in Melbourne looking after my mother

trying to upload some info. on Talgai & Pratten - says file too big , but it is documents , don't think it can be shrunk ?

Trash said:
Gday Hayyou ,

Currently in Melbourne looking after my mother

trying to upload some info. on Talgai & Pratten - says file too big , but it is documents , don't think it can be shrunk ?

I sent you a PM.

Also, yeah over 2MB files it doesn't like.

bloody annoying reading this , i am only bit over an hour away from there and have been trying to get a detector suitable for the job since they opened up that place to prospecting and i joined the club at big hill where nick bought his block still trying ,so i hope you guys leave a few bits for when i get my machine .

johno

Latest posts