⭐ Show Us Your Cut Stones - Before And After Photos

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah mate I like the dark ones but they are hard to find. Tried to take a pic to show the 3 main colours I've got so far, basically clear, dark and yellow.
1512104836_pc011020-1.jpg

22shells said:
Langford Gems in S.A., does a pretty good job I reckon.

Cool, i might look them up. Wish there was someone here in WA but SA is closer than Lamberts

Is that the best you can do ! 8)
Cause that's the best that I've seen ! :lol:

RedDirtDigger said:
Amazing job Wally. You surprise me with your hidden talents. You will have to visit and get some reddies to cut.
cheers steve

Thanks Steve, I surprise myself sometimes too, turned out much better than I thought as I managed to get excellent polish and all faces have precision meet points. Took me a bloody long time but the effort has done wonders in enabling the stone to show its true brilliance.

I have a little secret lto share between forum friends - I have one error in the cut that I know very well, but as it is in the girdle, it will be obscured by any mounting clasp.

Those reddies have been occupying my mind of late Steve, love to get a nice cutter, I can still remember some of those brilliant orange flashes mixed in with the reds. I can imagine a cut one of those being able to blind a man. Will let you know when I can get a weekend escape, unfortunately no respite in sight ATM.

A few years ago when Wal was 1st selling his Walbankers , I met him at Grabben Gullen to buy 1 and was fortunate enough to get access to Grabben Gullen creek with him ,through Owens property & this is 1 of the stones we found. I recently had it cut locally by Paul Sabolta & am very pleased with the finished gem

1517212757_before.jpg

1517213711_after.jpg