Garrett Ace 250 vs Garrett Ace 350 or Euroace

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi there,
Still trying to make a decision on which metal detector to buy. It was a toss up between Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 or the Garrett Ace 250. I then settled on the Garrett but discovered by accident when browsing ads the Garrett Ace 350.
Been watching a youtube video on comparing the machines. Seems to be much the same except for a bigger coil, double d on the 350. Still trying to work out what this coil actually does.
Some posts said they would buy the 250 and just get the double d coil, somebody said no.
Just wondering should I now get the 350 ?
Im not wanting anything that costs more than this machine. Even this has stretched my budget. But dont want a machine that wont do the job.
Im mainlt interested in coins.
Can somebody give me an idea of what the different coils do do ?
Thanks.

The Ace 250 is great for coins straight out of the box. If just starting out and only wanting to hunt for coins, the upgrade to an Ace 350 / EuroACE is probably not necessary.

If you're planning on detecting med to high trashy ground, you might want to purchase a DD search coil for better target separation.

Check out my post on coils https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=6344#p6344 and let me know if you have any further questions.

Nugget.

Thanks for that. Will check it out.

I have now checked on the link. I would like to get the dd coil. Now depending on price with the 250 and a dd coil or getting either one with the dd coil with it.
Thanks for that info.

It's cheaper just to buy the Euroace vs buying a seperate coil for the 250, plus you get the added advantage of a higher frequency, greater iron range, and ferrous/non ferrous vs the US coin indicators. The Euroace is the international version of the 350, Garret don't even list the 350 on the Australian store front for that reason.

Just putting the feelers out there for a couple of cheaper coin machines that I can throw in the car for the missus and myself, looking at the Ace 250 for the missus, and an Ace 350 or Euroace for myself, will also look at two 250's if the 350 is too hard to come by. Can always add the DD coil on at a later date
Cheers

I've got an ACE 250 and I love it, I still try out new moves with it and go over my old ground to up skill so that when I get into that untried ground I come up with the goods (even on cement).

Gday all,

well i plan on getting a detector sometime next week.
ive done plenty of reading with many mixed results as to what to get....
As to my question what would everyone recomend for a bit of park and beach detecting ?
iam tossing between the garret 250 and 350 ? happy for people to through other names at me if they are below $600

thanks luke

I do alright with an ACE250 nem,....but there are others that get good results on the beach,... the 250 does have to contend with the salt and needs sensitivity to be reduced at the beach for it to be effective,...unless it has rained or flooded reducing the salt content of the beach sands, then you can go hard with the sensitivity,... have a look through here to see what the ACE250 can get,...and find out some pointers for it along the way(link below, will send you to the first page of a few).
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5295&p=1
cheers
Silver.

I would say that it doesnt matter which one, 250 or 350, but getting one with a double D coil, would be best.

What advantage did you get out of using the DD RKT ?,...I only ever went with what came with the ACE250, I didn't upgrade to the DD at all, so I just don't know to comment :) .
rocketaroo said:
I would say that it doesnt matter which one, 250 or 350, but getting one with a double D coil, would be best.

The double D coil, is 2 coils in 1. It can give you more depth, and better target seperation. The 350 comes with it standard I think :)

Only a 250 nem.
nem7902 said:
thanks everyone for the replies, might get the 350 and see if i can find enough to upgrade;)
How much is the dd coil rocketaroo ?
thanks for the read silver looks like you have found some great stuff with the 350

cheers luke

Id get the 350, it has a little better range on the disc over the 250, this was pointed out/demoed to me by a gent who uses one to find gold nuggets.

Evening gents,
so it seems i have a problem i decied on the 350 talked to my local hunting shop who stock garret and some other prospecting gear and it seems to hes knowledge they do not sell the 350...ive had a look around on aus sites for the 350 with no luck!!
can someone please let me know if this true or not ?
i was sold on the 350 from all the great reports i have read for being a good beach detector

thanks luke

Latest posts