From zero to hero with DetectingSA

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I managed to sneak out for hunt #5 today, the spot I chose was actually filled with a ton of iron signals so I had to discriminate out a lot and be more selective than I have been with signals that I choose to dig

Today's junk, scissors, fence wire, bottle tops, electrical earth clamp and a few moderns:

1514872205_img_3273.jpg

I'm thinking this is a kangaroo penny, it's in a pretty bad state though:

1514872289_img_3270.jpg

Back to work tomorrow :N: :D
I'll try to get out a few times a week after work/weekends still! I'm to stubborn to give up now :p

Cheers

It's all worthwhile posting, it gives all of us the history from a starting point onward's and we all get to share in the progression. Can't wait to see what else comes out of the ground for you. :) :Y:

golddiggerart said:
It's all worthwhile posting, it gives all of us the history from a starting point onward's and we all get to share in the progression. Can't wait to see what else comes out of the ground for you. :) :Y:

Thanks mate, that's what I kind of thought.

It's going to be an interesting long journey :p

DetectingSA said:
pete165 said:
Keep going mate and keep updating us. I for one like to see your posts.

Thanks bud, I'm giving it a solid crack. Hopefully ones of these days I'll snag something worthwhile to post :p

As has already been said ,it gives us a history of what you are finding. I am pretty sure you will find something worthwhile. Keep up the good work. Some days it is just junk but hen the next you might find something.

I got out after dinner tonight for hunt #6, I didn't have much time before it got dark so didn't come up with much. I went back to the park were I found the penny in hopes of finding a silver.

This is everything:

1515063367_img_3290.jpg

Not a single coin today which I'm disappointed about, but I only had about an hour out there, so maybe next time.

I did think this was cool though because it says made in Australia, don't see that much these days. No idea what it is though :p
1515063452_img_3289.jpg

And I thought maybe I had scored my self a pistol ball when I dug this up, until I realized it had a hole right through it and was likely a sinker:

1515063532_img_3291.jpg

I had fun, I just wish I had more daylight to hunt. I leave for work at 6am and don't get back until 6pm :mad:

Until next time, cheers :Y:

DetectingSA said:
Biggest Kev said:
Your keen DSA, thats the spirit, won't be long before you strike pay. :Y:

Cheers
Kev

Hope so! It's 42 here on Saturday, going to hit the beach early Sunday morning and see if I can score something, fingers crossed :p

Forecast here is 41 for Saturday so I'll be out Sunday Morning early to do a few favourite spots. :) :Y:

golddiggerart said:
DetectingSA said:
Biggest Kev said:
Your keen DSA, thats the spirit, won't be long before you strike pay. :Y:

Cheers
Kev

Hope so! It's 42 here on Saturday, going to hit the beach early Sunday morning and see if I can score something, fingers crossed :p

Forecast here is 41 for Saturday so I'll be out Sunday Morning early to do a few favourite spots. :) :Y:

Hopefully the detecting gods favor us both :p

I went out for hunt #7 today, I had planned to go to the beach but when I got there it was abit too busy for my liking so I went to a new local park.

Today's finds:

1515308735_img_3317.jpg

One lousy coin :lol:

Maybe I should book myself into one of those metal detecting courses.

As a side note, what does it mean when the numbers on the detector jump wildly on a spot?

More than one metal? Confusion over which metal it is? Both? Neither? :D

DetectingSA said:
As a side note, what does it mean when the numbers on the detector jump wildly on a spot?

Most times 9/10 it is junk, you're looking for Solid Tones....Some gold rings will jump around depending on the angle.

DetectingSA said:
I went out for hunt #7 today, I had planned to go to the beach but when I got there it was abit too busy for my liking so I went to a new local park.

Today's finds:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/11609/1515308735_img_3317.jpg

One lousy coin :lol:

Maybe I should book myself into one of those metal detecting courses.

Garret ACE should be able to give number for those junk targets? Someone told me best to go to beach in evening because in the morning ranger will clean.

I had to get out today for hunt #8 after work, i had been reading up on some tips and watching some youtubes after yesterday's hunts and I realized I really had to trust my detector and get out of the mindset of wanting to dig up everything just incase it was something great under some trash.

I went down to a new park today with the mindset of going really slow and paying attention to what my detector was telling me

My junk:
1515402098_img_3325.jpg

Now most of you I'm sure will consider these coins junk, and in reality they probably are however to me hopefully this is the turning point where I start making some good progress detecting:

1515402173_img_3326.jpg

Easily my best hunt so far, orange ring $2 is a cool find, Also 2 of those 2c were in the same hole. Is 2 a spill :p
Someone had taken the tinsnips to 2c #4 :lol:

As silly as it sounds I'm pretty happy right now, I can't wait to get back out there again

Cheers :Y: