Balxie's Gold Adventures videos.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WalnLiz said:
Great vid Balx....some days it's not about how much gold is in the stream. Sharing the adventure with family or friends is a treasure you just can't put a price on.

Now on another note mate,.....I'm not sure that sitting down on the job, in that camp chair, is going to make it any easier getting up those hills at the end of the day. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Good luck on the next trip and keep the vids coming,

Cheers Wal.
I must remember to kick that chair out of frame, hahaha But at 6ft 5 its my freind.

Just watched both your vids - just great to see where we'll be next w/e - your son will have some cool memories of hanging out with Dad. Great stuff!

Looks like the crevice sucker is a useful tool in that area (with all those big rocks) - will bring mine.

Drewe.

you'll have to get a longer shovel handle mate. :D Man i love to see kids out in the bush having good fun. I have spent time with mine at Tinaroo dam in the boat, skiing and generally running amuck. You get to have a much better relationship with them and they don't seem to go looking for the crappy stuff so much. good onya mate.

Mr Sism said:
Just watched both your vids - just great to see where we'll be next w/e - your son will have some cool memories of hanging out with Dad. Great stuff!

Looks like the crevice sucker is a useful tool in that area (with all those big rocks) - will bring mine.

Drewe.
Yeah mate they are a must.

kemjak57 said:
you'll have to get a longer shovel handle mate. :D Man i love to see kids out in the bush having good fun. I have spent time with mine at Tinaroo dam in the boat, skiing and generally running amuck. You get to have a much better relationship with them and they don't seem to go looking for the crappy stuff so much. good onya mate.
For sure, so many people wrap them up in cotton wool, let them out in nature, its good for them.

Nice one Balx,

What it's all about mate. Your young blokes a classic. Watch the daughters mate, if you find a few gems the gold will go out the window, trust me speaking for experience :rolleyes: ;)

Cheers

Col

Colin&Lee said:
Nice one Balx,

What it's all about mate. Your young blokes a classic. Watch the daughters mate, if you find a few gems the gold will go out the window, trust me speaking for experience :rolleyes: ;)

Cheers

Col
Yeah we only get tiny gems in that creek and they turn there noses up at them, Must be high rollers. haha

Good to see you all had a great day and dont worry about the chair as you were not on the clock. :)

Balx said:
Colin&Lee said:
Nice one Balx,

Cheers

Col
Yeah we only get tiny gems in that creek and they turn there noses up at them, Must be high rollers. haha

Think they all are mate no matter what age :D

All u need now is one of the kids asking "daddy...whats this big yellow heavy thing I picked up next to that other pile of yellow rocks. Great vid

Peter

Twapster said:
All u need now is one of the kids asking "daddy...whats this big yellow heavy thing I picked up next to that other pile of yellow rocks. Great vid

Peter
Good point trained them to lookout for snakes not gold. Better address that, haha

Hey balx what size bilge pump and battery are you running in this vid. And how long did the battery last for? Thanks

Danielkrupski said:
Hey balx what size bilge pump and battery are you running in this vid. And how long did the battery last for? Thanks
Hey mate, its a 2000gph I cant remember what the battery was but it lasted a few hours I ended up getting 2 small 7 amp batteries for it and the ran for a couple of hours and were way easier to carry in. I ended up getting a petrol inverter and it runs the 2000gph bilge or the 240v bilge I bought all day, i have never ran out of petrol with it. Its in a later episode. Cheers Balx.
this is the ep. https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2325
edit PS the highbanker is the same size as the power sluice.

Thanks for sharing that mate. Always interested to see how others do it. Looks like you have got an eager young prospector in the making. Mines still 10months