Help Identifying Small Bottle

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,
Picked up this little beauty whilst detecting south of Bendigo.
It was on some surfaced area with exposed reef and some cherry trees around.
The area i was in was mined from 1890-1906.
I have tried searching for the same bottle and hallmark online but to no avail.
Any help as to what was in the bottle would be greatly appreciated

Cheers
YF
1511564874_2017-11-25_10.07.21.jpg

My gues would be some type of medicine given the needle looking marks on the bottle and the bottle is very small probably 5cm x 4cm and only around 1cm thick so would have only held a few mls

It has a number 6 underneath and tiny dots underneath around the base. Very light seams down the sides. Bottle is not even either so to speak like it was hand blown

YellowFever said:
My gues would be some type of medicine given the needle looking marks on the bottle and the bottle is very small probably 5cm x 4cm and only around 1cm thick so would have only held a few mls
Nice find :Y: Look's like a bottle that takes a syringe for sure,I have found a few in an old bottle dump,the one's I have are a more basic shape though.The hole in the top would of had some rubber or cork in it.
Been lookin for mine but can't find them but here's a pic of something similar :cool:
1511604047_205v6fb.jpg

Hello

If you have not yet tracked down your bottle's origin, also to think about, The symbol on front is similar to a religious symbol. Your bottle could have been part of religious life (e.g. to hold holy water).

Derbyfour

Rockhound said:
YellowFever said:
Nice find :Y: Look's like a bottle that takes a syringe for sure,I have found a few in an old bottle dump,the one's I have are a more basic shape though.The hole in the top would of had some rubber or cork in it.
Been lookin for mine but can't find them but here's a pic of something similar :cool: https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/5481/1511604047_205v6fb.jpg

Hope you have a licence for the heroin as it contains tablets and morphine bottles as it looks to contain fluid.A late friend of mine was a pharmacist and when he bought a pharmacy he had worked in almost from graduation,he found all sorts of things in the basement. Most dated back to the 1890's and up to the late 1950's. When he sold the pharmacy he moved all this to his home and set up a museum in his spare room. He had morphine ,cocaine pills and heroin pills and had to get a licence to allow him to keep them. His collection is now part of another official medical museum.

Latest posts