gold racer cant ground balance

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
All of a sudden my gold racer cant ground balance either auto or manual.tried both coils,pinpointingg still works so dont think it is the toggle switch,reset to factory in case i saved something wierd,new batterys.always has ground balanced now nothing,any suggestions.

Might be one for Nenad to ponder over, doesn't sound right if it ground balanced fine previously in the same location. Also looks like you've covered all bases trying different things.

Just realised i hadn't updated this with the solution,There was a wire of the switch very hard to see but a quick dab with a soldering iron and problem fixed.Now to try and sort what appears to be corrosion on the main board.

Sounds like you should be returning it if there is extensive corrosion etc on the boards, and if it is not from your own doing. Most likely the warranty might be voided if you go poking around the internals. Personal choice I guess. :)