Garrett Pin pointer dealers

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey where would be the best place to get a Garrett pin pointer? Is there an ozzy dealer after you know who went belly up? I know they were owed a fair bit, Garrett. But I hadn't heard if they had began dealing with somebody else. Anybody know? Cheers Andy. :)

Some stores seem to be regularly out of stock of the waterproof Garrett AT Propointer, the Black Propointer 2 is a much easier to lay your hands on.

Adelaide also has a Garrett "Super store" - http://www.shell-lap.com.au/ The website shows that it has stock of both pinpointer models. :)

Chewy said:
Hey where would be the best place to get a Garrett pin pointer? Is there an ozzy dealer after you know who went belly up? I know they were owed a fair bit, Garrett. But I hadn't heard if they had began dealing with somebody else. Anybody know? Cheers Andy. :)

Hey Andy,

Did you buy a Garrett pin pointer & get to use it? I just bought one & tested it on gold specks in a vial, nothing, numerous amounts of large gold flakes also in a vial, nothing, a small gold chain, nothing. It wasn't until I folded the chain up into a small pile (about one quarter of the chain's length) that it detected it.

This sound normal to you?

Cheers ignas

BigWave said:
I find them cheaper to buy OS and pay the shipping costs. Have bought two Garrett pin-pointers that way.

I rang Garrett recently. They won't guarantee OS purchased products. They seemed to indicate if it's a minor issue they can fix for a small price. If it's a big issue you're on your own.

I've had two for around 4 years without any issues. At around 1/2 the price - well that's just me - thrill-seeker/risk-taker. Those things will out-live me!

BigWave said:
I've had two for around 4 years without any issues. At around 1/2 the price - well that's just me - thrill-seeker/risk-taker. Those things will out-live me!

Now that's worth it. Get the reliable brands.

How do you use them? I haven't used it much but find it doesn't pick up the very small bits.

You can change the sensitivity settings, have a look at your owners manual. Im not sure if on default it's at maximum or not.
At least I know you can on the AT pin pointer, not sure about the black garret one, I haven't looked into that one!

Might make a difference

DetectingSA said:
You can change the sensitivity settings, have a look at your owners manual. Im not sure if on default it's at maximum or not.
At least I know you can on the AT pin pointer, not sure about the black garret one, I haven't looked into that one!

Might make a difference

Thanks for that.

ignas said:
Chewy said:

Hey Andy,

Did you buy a Garrett pin pointer & get to use it? I just bought one & tested it on gold specks in a vial, nothing, numerous amounts of large gold flakes also in a vial, nothing, a small gold chain, nothing. It wasn't until I folded the chain up into a small pile (about one quarter of the chain's length) that it detected it.

This sound normal to you?

Cheers ignas

That's completely normal, they aren't specifically made to pick up such small/fine targets, moreso coin sized targets.

I never did get my hands on 1. I ended up just buying the minelab pin pointer. I'm happy enough with it. It doesn't get used much but when you have a deep hole it can be useful.

Latest posts