You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

NAPFA
Association
Association
11 March 2014 05:47 pm

Good News! smile

Last Thursday (6 March) the NSW Parliament released tabled its Committee Inquiry report on ‘Tourism in local communities’.

NAPFA, along with other individual fossickers, made submissions to this inquiry which highlighted the potential of fossicking tourism and our problems with access.  We also attended public hearings.

The good news for all fossickers in NSW is in the recommendations:

Recommendation 17
That the NSW Government investigate further opportunities for tourism development in national parks including accommodation, camping, mountain bike trails and fossicking. smile

Recommendation 19
That the NSW Government investigate opportunities for fossicking in national parks, a single access fee for state forests and linking information for fossicking activities on the Destination NSW website. smile

The report is available on www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/gpsc3 along with submissions, transcripts of evidence and other documents associated with the Inquiry.

For details on the fossicking content go to page 106 to 109 in Chapter 6.

The report and its 25 recommendations are now with the Government for consideration. The Government is required to respond to the recommendations within six months.

NAPFA will offer any support requested to the Government while it considers these recommendations.

There is no guarantee that we will get access to any of these national park areas, however we have stated our case and it has been at least noticed.

The single licence for State Forests is already in the pipeline and its release is imminent, so we can consider that one done.

You can support NAPFA by joining if you have not already.  www.napfa.net 

There is a good membership promo on at the moment, and we need all the members we can muster.

Cheers

Stephen
President
NAPFA

The Diggers Oath: "We swear by the Southern Cross to stand truly by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties."

1 user likes this post: Billy

calala
11 March 2014 07:49 pm

That's a big thumbs up Stephen, good to see they are listening to the reps. Cheers John   smile

To do the right thing is the right thing forever.

Ben78
11 March 2014 08:22 pm

Excellent, I assume that means SCA will be available again? The likes of Copeland and Dalmorton?

Digging for gold in the Peel Fault. Currently using Gold Bug SE and all sorts of other paraphernalia!

NAPFA
Association
Association
11 March 2014 09:40 pm

Ben --

I hope so.

The report is mainly about "National Parks" but in the broad sense this would also refer to SCA's -- which were covered in our submission and in the report itself.  Time will tell although I think with such a recommendation it would make it more likely to get into SCAs..

There will be a draft Plan of Management for Copeland released soon (it has been promised for almost a year and NAPFA has been pushing all the way. NAPFA will put in a submission and encourage other individual members to do the same. They need to hear from a range of people. We met with senior NPWS staff there in late January for an onsite inspection and discussion.

I will let everyone know when the draft POM comes out.

cheers

Stephen.

The Diggers Oath: "We swear by the Southern Cross to stand truly by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties."

2 users like this post: muzz, Digginholes

Westaus
11 March 2014 09:55 pm

Good to see some people very active and getting positive results (so far) I wish the WA Govt would open up some of the National Parks here for recreational fossicking/prospecting.

Well done.

HeadsUp
11 March 2014 09:58 pm

Well done for even getting that on the table and having them listen to the submissions.

what they do with it ?  fingers crossed.

On a mission to rescue as many gold nuggets as i can before those poor souls get washed out to sea . GPX5000 smilemaker , self built highbanker and enthusiastic shovel

Detectist
11 March 2014 10:38 pm

Excellent!  Well done. 
Still a way off but now in train.

richo966
12 March 2014 08:04 am

well done on getting them to listen I will not hold my breath on them doing any thing I have experience dealing with the state government and it is not positive so far hope for the best  smile

richo966
12 March 2014 08:06 am

they are desperate for money so this may be some thing they will act on  smile

shivan
12 March 2014 08:56 am

Great stuff, lets just hope hey listen with open minds.

Minelab GP Extreme 11" & 18" DD, 2 highbankers, EZ river sluice and a growing collection of sieves and pans

HeadsUp
12 March 2014 09:25 am

richo966 wrote:

well done on getting them to listen I will not hold my breath on them doing any thing I have experience dealing with the state government and it is not positive so far hope for the best  smile

its easy to form beliefs that govt will **** up everything they touch based on past performance , however if they are letting shooters in there now to blast lead at anything that moves then who knows ........

fingers crossed that someone will see it as being a good healthy outdoors hobby that can utilise the national parks rather than having 99.9999 % of the bush never seen by any human being and the remaining 0.0001 % being witnessed by a dozen bushwalkers each month.

On a mission to rescue as many gold nuggets as i can before those poor souls get washed out to sea . GPX5000 smilemaker , self built highbanker and enthusiastic shovel

richo966
12 March 2014 06:11 pm

tell me one thing that the state government have done right I can give list of things they have stuffed up do you no why most places are of limits not for the environment but to prevent prospecting in the first place they think no one will get job and pay taxes that is the real reason never listen to the crap they tell you they could not lie straight in bed  smile

HeadsUp
12 March 2014 06:18 pm

richo966 wrote:

tell me one thing that the state government have done right I can give list of things they have stuffed up do you no why most places are of limits not for the environment but to prevent prospecting in the first place they think no one will get job and pay taxes that is the real reason never listen to the crap they tell you they could not lie straight in bed  smile

sure many of them couldnt lie straight in bed . however the optimist in me would prefer to look for a solution.

Perhaps a device with rope tied to their feet at one end and another rope attached to their head could be used to apply pressure to literally force them to lie straight in bed simply via the load applied in either direction.

Some experimentation might be required to obtain the correct load , however you could start around 1000 kg per head and work backwards from that figure until you have just the right number of competant politicians in the chair ( or the bed as might be the case )

food for thought .

for every problem we have there must be a solution ?   big_smile

richo966
12 March 2014 06:25 pm

i like the optimist in you mate money talks to them nothing else matters if they think they can make some money that will work nothing else works on them they have no heart  wink

Tathradj
12 March 2014 09:11 pm

I bet they are waiting to see how this goes as a test then apply a tighter legislation.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … 347#p63347

Last edited by Tathradj (12 March 2014 09:12 pm)

NAPFA Committee Member,
A couple of HiBankers inc. accessories, , 4500, SDC2300, Gt1600,
Aldi, Phantom 4 Pro, A Prado 4x4, A'Van Cruiseliner and a heck
of a lot of determination.Not to mention Luck.
Most importantly, A lot of Good Honest Friends.

Tathradj
12 March 2014 09:15 pm

Also got a gut feeling that there would be a foreign entity looking to invest in most of the mineral bearing country that
we are not allowed in.

NAPFA Committee Member,

HeadsUp
12 March 2014 09:18 pm

Tathradj wrote:

I bet they are waiting to see how this goes as a test then apply a tighter legislation.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … 347#p63347

come on mate lets throw some optimism around , who knows some of it might stick to the walls and pretty the place up.  big_smile

for all we know there might be a public servant somewhere who can see the sense in it , they might be sitting bored in their chair with nothing meaningful to do thinking " I want to break free..... " and do something new and revolutionary like thinking for themselves .

keep the faith bud  tongue

richo966
12 March 2014 09:21 pm

thinking for themselves sounds dangerous I am sure there is legislation banning that  lol

bisho
14 March 2014 10:19 am

its all good, but what is a "SCA"

a bad day fossicking is still better than a good day at work.   GPX 4000

SinHof
14 March 2014 11:46 am

SCA,
State Conservation Area.
An area managed by the National Parks NSW that has significant mineral values;mining is permitted with the appropriate permission but amateur prospecting is not allowed.
NAPFA is currently working with various government departments to reverse this situation, Copeland via Gloucester is a good example of an old goldfield where we are not allowed to prospect, it's an SCA.
Cheers, SinHof.

richo966
14 March 2014 11:57 am

how is it conservation when some one can mine the hole place and never return it to close what it was and we cant dig small hole and fill it in  yikes

muzz
06 August 2016 09:58 pm

NAPFA wrote:

Ben --

I hope so.

The report is mainly about "National Parks" but in the broad sense this would also refer to SCA's -- which were covered in our submission and in the report itself. Time will tell although I think with such a recommendation it would make it more likely to get into SCAs..

There will be a draft Plan of Management for Copeland released soon (it has been promised for almost a year and NAPFA has been pushing all the way. NAPFA will put in a submission and encourage other individual members to do the same. They need to hear from a range of people. We met with senior NPWS staff there in late January for an onsite inspection and discussion.

I will let everyone know when the draft POM comes out.

cheers

Stephen.

Any progress on these matters posts seem to have gone quiet

treasure hunter with a gold bug 2 pro and a highbanker

1 user likes this post: Ivo

mbasko
07 August 2016 12:57 pm

I've heard nothing back as yet from my own submission (to the NPWS call for submissions into fossicking in National Parks).

It will be a slow process I imagine.

Last edited by mbasko (07 August 2016 01:03 pm)

Everything we use comes from mining or farming.

Tathradj
19 December 2017 08:34 am

Just resetting.
Cannot access.

NAPFA Committee Member,

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site